I don't get the hype around 2nd gen

• the music is mediocre, the choreography is iconic, the mvs are filmed on microwaves, and the industry was like 10x more toxic back then. I'm glad for them because without them we wouldn't have kpop today. But I see 2nd gen hype everyday but none of the songs standout except like AOA. I don't know maybe it's just my youngster ears and eyes :sadface: Which sucks because I really wanna like 2nd gen :pepecry:

Approved the thread.
  • You're probably too used to noise music.

• they have some good music

• I mean, you can't control what you like so I wouldn't worry about it. Recognizing the effect 2nd gen groups had on the industry is good, so I'm glad you get that.

• I tried listening to 2nd gen music and it's really really really bad. They look and sound almost like a joke

• Lol bigbang wonder girls SNSD 2ne1 Miss A 4minute 2PM music is mediocre!! You must have a bad taste. 2nd Gen music was the best. They don't sell music anymore nowadays they just sell visuals and image. Go check the top groups Aespa (except next level) BTS blackpink twice their music is so aweful.

You can make your point without criticizing modern groups or OP, to be honest. I think OP really tried to like 2nd-gen music, but just couldn't do it. People have different tastes, so I don't expect them to be able to appreciate 2nd gen.

• you are just used to todays sounds, i lived the 2nd phase and loved the releases, and i still do. I admit some of my classics do sound outdated

i could never get in michael jackson / beatles / etc songs even when all say its great , i just couldn't get into it which is fine

• 2nd gen music is bad. People just have nostalgia and overrate it.

• A lot them just use 2nd gen groups to shit on 3rd gen groups. Noticed how most only mention 2ne1 and bigbang ( usually to shit on 2 particular groups)

• 2nd gen music is bad. People just have nostalgia and overrate it.

You're just not used to the sound just like most of us aren't used to first-gen sound. It has nothing to do with "overrating" it.

A lot them just use 2nd gen groups to shit on 3rd gen groups. Noticed how most only mention 2ne1 and bigbang ( usually to shit on 2 particular groups)

That's probably just your perception or you dealt with very specific people who do that. 2NE1 and Big Bang were two of the top groups from that era, so it's just expected, isn't it?

• it is all taste just like when i compare those 3r gen GGs to 2 gen GGs it is amazing how 2n gen is just the best overall same thing for boy groups

• Somebody have a shit taste

• You can make your point without criticizing modern groups or OP, to be honest. I think OP really tried to like 2nd-gen music, but just couldn't do it. People have different tastes, so I don't expect them to be able to appreciate 2nd gen.

exactly I think it's the sound since I was born after 2nd gen. There are a lot of good 2nd gen songs but a lot of them are outdated and don't appeal to the public anymore and that's okay. It's the past now that's how music was back then

• There's no hype.

The hype died down a long time ago

• No I don't like noise music. 2nd gen had some noise music worse than what the new generations put out now maybe aside from NCT because jeez :watt:

No lol.Their music are way better than the noise music 4th gen have.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!