Have you ever heard of Mongolia?

• bro i read a geronimo stilton book in like grade 3 that took place in mongolia and uhhh i think that's the genghis khan country? no clue who/what genghis khan is though

disclaimer: i am so sorry if any of this is offensive i have no history/geography knowledge whatsoever it's embarrassing

• why be part of China? Half of us in part of China. They are Inner Mongolians. China & Mongolia have long history. We're outer Mongolians. We're more influenced by Russia tho.

interesting. So Mongolia is more like Russia? What's the most followed religion there? are there a lot of people who are non religious just like Korea?

๐๐“๐’ โ™ก ๐๐ฅ๐š๐œ๐ค๐ฉ๐ข๐ง๐ค โ™ก ๐€๐ž๐ฌ๐ฉ๐š

c09dafd21a568e816f2cb77504fa56a8086e9412.gifv

• originally a group of nomadic people

lies between two superpowers - Russia and China

used to be ruled by various tribes united under a Khan the most famous is Genghis

His grandson Kublai Khan conquered China to establish the Yuan dynasty

Because of their threat (especially the Xiongnu peoples) to China the Great Wall was built

In modern times they have the current two or three yokozuna in Japanese Sumo wrestling

Mongolian Wrestling is a favourite pastime for Mongolians

Mongolians speak Mongolian

There are lots of natural resources in mongolia

The capital is Ulannbaantar

One of my favourite songs

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

it reminds me of my late grandfather

• interesting. So Mongolia is more like Russia? What's the most followed religion there? are there a lot of people who are non religious just like Korea?

No, not like Russia. They are the country helped us during hard times. We are our own ethnicity. Our oldest ancestors are Huns. (Hun dynasty)

We have our own belief Shamanism. But Buddhism is deeply ingrained in us & our culture. But we have religious freedom. So all religions are allowed.

• Yes, of course i have heard of it :)

I forgot a lot of what i've learned sadly. But i always think of beautiful nature and landscape.

Also i think big part of population used to be nomadic? Or is it still? I can picture horses, traditional clothing,...

It would be interesting to hear your perspective :) What would you want us to know about Mongolia?

Yes, we are nomadic people. People in countryside are nomadic. Their main activity is livestock breeding. People in city are not.

• of course, you may thought it's nugu but mongolia is massive.

i don't know much about it tho, i know a large part of it is desert?

saw a few documentaries that took place there, very interesting. i wish i can visit someday.

oh and AKMU lived there when they're young lol.

• I still can't understand why Chinese love this song much. :boredr:

• I still can't understand why Chinese love this song much. :boredr:

its a very sad song and the lyrics remind one of the departed...I like the original as well but I guess you've already heard of it...so no need to post the translation here...

(different things for different people i guess - shit I'm listening to it as I'm typing and I have tears flowing...lol)

• Yeah it's nice peaceful song.

I'm thinking about my grandfather now...

anyways yes it is - it would be considered traditional Mongolian music (the original that is) if I'm not mistaken

btw since I know you're Mongolian how much Chinese history do you learn and in school do you need to study Chinese (like is Chinese even an option??)

Participate now!

Donโ€™t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!