What gifts to give a family?

• So I recently got a job and felt weird going to a relatives house empty handed. I thought I'd buy the men wallets and the ladies perfume but individual presents are making me worry if one will feel bad that the other got a better one. They are aged from around 30-60. Should I but a gift for the whole house? Like a showpiece?

Desbundar

• Wallets and perfumes can make good gifts, but you run the risk of giving them things they won’t use. The men might already having functioning wallets that they love and use. The women might be very picky with what perfume works for them.

I think the best option in my opinion would be something that they could all use and share, something for the whole house as you said. Does it get quite cold this time of the year where you are? Maybe a portable heater would work. Maybe an adequate amount of coffee or tea. Essential oil diffuser? Then, again, a showpiece could be great, especially if it holds meaning to them.

Wah thank you sooo much!!!! :iloveyoub:

It's a good idea to get something for the whole house!

Desbundar

• You could also go the gift card route. That’s what most people, friends and family, tell me to buy them as a gift nowadays anyway. If there’s somewhere you know they like to buy, whether it be an online store or where they get their groceries.

My workplace recently did a raffle to win prizes and the biggest thing everyone was putting in tickets for was a grocery store gift card.

• I really like to make some high quality custom clothing for them. I like graphic design a lot, so I often create some custom and creative prints for my family and friends, and I think they are always happy with the gifts I make :) Do you like something like this? Or maybe crafting?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!