Do you also found strange when Koreans praise someones 'nose', 'jaw', 'eye shape'?

• It is unusual for me too.

In general, talking about people's looks is unusual. I don't think people where I live even concentrate on looks that much. They are taking care of themselves etc, but they're not obsessed about it or comment on people's looks.

(that's just in general, there are exceptions too of course)

I didn't notice this only with Koreans, but with a lot of nationalities, they just have different preferences.

Edited once, last by keaji ().

• I know and seen girls who have tons of lip injections, a ton of fake spray tan and long ass nails which affects then using their phones all because they think it's looks nice and they get praised for it. One of the most common body surgery is bum implants and on everyday common people it looks really fake and sometimes messed up because they did a cheap and easy procedure just to fit in ASAP. Every place has weird obsessions.

• It is unusual for me too.

In general, talking about people's looks is unusual. I don't think people where I live even concentrate on looks that much. They are taking care of themselves etc, but they're not obsessed about it or comment on people's looks.

(that's just in general, there are exceptions too of course)

same. people here try to look nice but i've never heard someone praising a specific feature directly to a person or in general. i never even heard someone saying directly to a person they are pretty. complimenting on pretty hair, eyes, make-up, and clothes happen, but looks? never witnessed it.

saying compliments when you flirt, writing compliments online, and commenting with someone "wow, she's pretty" or "he has a great body" is ordinary behavior tho

Pinky_Peachy

how is it in your country?

• Yeah, same, same, people try to look nice and live healthy, but they are not too concerned about what others think of their looks. I rarely hear people saying someone is pretty (not online), it's mostly when they don't have any other positive thing to say about them tbh.

• Oh I compliment people all the time and I receive compliments too. Looks, fashion, brains. I'm a complimenter? Is that a word?

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
    mKl7Ghm.png
    Flower field, that's where I'm at. Open land, that's where I'm at.
    ─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

• Just like how western squid game stans praise that girl from squid game. As an Asian I find it's so weird bc you all praise like she's not from this world. Like you never accept that Asians are actually human and they existed before this show became popular

• Idk but where I’m from this is normal? People just aren’t blunt and speaking on it as soon as they meet someone but compliments like “you have such a cute nose”, “your body is pretty”, “you have a pretty jawline” are very normal

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!