kdrama tropes you hate the most?

• i honestly doubt y'all watched any recent dramas since many mentioned fish kisses :D they are in the past! i can make a long list to prove you wrong but let's not do that :oops::D

i don't remember when was the last time i watched evil in-laws and a guy needs to save a girl tropes. they must have stayed in the past too. amnesia? i watched it in a recent show but it made sense (and made me furious).

to answer the question:

LOVE TRIANGLES (enough with it, ugh)

childhood connection (sometimes it does work but often is just there because why not)

fl tripping/falling and ml catching her

showing a kiss or a hug from gazillion angles (tho recently, it seems that dramas dropped this nonsense, yay!)

The let's break up even though we love each other so much (coz of some circumstance) then get when we see each other 2 years later we are still into each other and get back together + the time jump. That trope is just so lazy. Kdrama writers always use it at the end of dramas. Recent dramas it was used in includes Start Up, Record of Youth, True Beauty

do do sol sol la la sol had a time jump too. i didn't watch it tho, i dropped the show before seeing that mess (the first show i dropped at episode 14)

• - Love triangles >.<

- Are Americanos the only coffee available in Korea?

- Awkward kisses

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• as mentioned a lot before, unnecessary love triangles! YOU DON’T NEED TO MAKE US CATCH FEELS FOR A 2ND ML FOR IT TO BE GOOD (like in start up do NOT even get me started on that...Han Ji Pyeong deserved so much better that was an injustice!). A lack of character development is also super annoying, where the main characters don’t learn from their mistakes (such as repetitive miscommunication i cannot stand it).

EN-: jungwon | heeseung | jay | jake | sunghoon | sunoo | ni-ki

External Content open.spotify.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• The violence, it does not seem to happen too much anymore, but superiors using violence towards their subordinates.

Does that really happen in real life in Korea?

Is that why suicides are so high?

• Really put together men being miraculously endeared by girls being clumsy and tripping up and dropping things all the time.

Characters getting caught in the rain or falling in water once single time and instantly becoming so ill they need the love interest to tenderly look after them all night, even if they hate each other.

Amnesia.

Evil mother-in-law.

Some sort of pointless noble self-sacrifice that prevents main leads from being together, usually totally nonsensical.

No-one ever being able to achieve normal straightforward communication until 14 episodes have passed!

• The violence, it does not seem to happen too much anymore, but superiors using violence towards their subordinates.

Does that really happen in real life in Korea?

Is that why suicides are so high?

yup it’s really common in korea and the system is shit. people get away with things all the time

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!