Are there any trustworthy idols?

• Edit: In case some of you misunderstood, I don't trust these people like I trust some of my friends I know personally ofc but I'm asking wether you think there are idols or actors who aren't capable of the atrocities I've mentioned above...I just didn't write all of this to the title , don't take it that literally

• One thing that people maybe forgets is that even if most kpop idols first becomes idols, "because they like it" or "it's their dream", at some point that changes and they want to earn as much money they can before their contracts are over. Maybe nothing the members in Twice or Blackpink thought much about the first one or two years, but I'm sure they think after a couple of years after the debut.

Does that effect their "trustworthiness"? Maybe .

• tbh, no.

i don't know any of these people in real life, i don't know anything about them aside from whatever they show in front of the camera.

• I don't trust anyone 100% because idols are human beings and sometimes human beings make mistakes.

• I don't trust anyone 100% because idols are human beings and sometimes human beings make mistakes.

Ofc but I wasn't really talking about mistakes, I was talking about serious stuff like sexual harassment, abuse of power, DUI etc...these are no mistakes imo

• You just never know with celebrities unfortunately. I always thought Kim Seon Ho seemed like a genuinely good person, and even though what he did wasn't illegal or really morally that awful, it still shows he's a pretty trash person.

Even though most celebrities put on a show and we never really know their real personality, we still like to imagine we have a good idea of what they're really like, I think. For example when Lucas ' scandal came out I wasn't surprised in the slightest, because he always gave off fboy vibes to me. Mark and Ten from NCT however are two members I'd be very shocked about if they had a scandal like that, but again we have no idea what they're really like, so you just never know.

• Trust is believing in reliability or in someone’s abilities. It is something that depends on each individual’s state of mind. To trust someone you must have seen enough of the persons actions and abilities to get that proof or reassurance you need to trust them.

We don’t know these celebrities personally and they only show us as much as they are willing to show us in front of the camera. Talking about trusting is undeserved here… I think the word that would fit this question better is ‘believe’…. to believe you don’t need proof. It depends on you and how much faith you have in someone or something…

So are there any believable Idols? Well yes… I do believe there are certain Idols who wouldn’t do certain things as they have not giving me that vibe yet… but I wouldn’t trust them on that cause I don’t know them personally.

• Even doing speculative psycho analysis, of whether an idol is capable or not capable of such deeds, is either setting up expectations outside of their profession OR hoping that they would fail.

It is like "Minority Report", predicting crime.

Nobody knows how anyone would behave when the crisis comes, those deemed sweet and noble, can turn to be cowards/monsters, those judged harsh and rude, might save the day.

I wouldn't encourage such speculation.

• Trust is believing in reliability or in someone’s abilities. It is something that depends on each individual’s state of mind. To trust someone you must have seen enough of the persons actions and abilities to get that proof or reassurance you need to trust them.

We don’t know these celebrities personally and they only show us as much as they are willing to show us in front of the camera. Talking about trusting is undeserved here… I think the word that would fit this question better is ‘believe’…. to believe you don’t need proof. It depends on you and how much faith you have in someone or something…

So are there any believable Idols? Well yes… I do believe there are certain Idols who wouldn’t do certain things as they have not giving me that vibe yet… but I wouldn’t trust them on that cause I don’t know them personally.

Oh I see , I always took these 2 words as synonyms as we have just 1 words for it in my mother tongue , interesting

• It ain't that deep but whatever rocks your boat

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!