Give me some sad songs!

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

OMG, when you recommend me the song that I am listening exactly right now. :pepe_sip:

• This is one of The weeknd's saddest songs and my personal fav

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Drop some moneY

erosezgif-com-gif-maker.gif896e43bc70930fa93538987bcf98568f828dbdc4.gifv 4ed3672a47d5a1db609af94f6965ecb4df788778.gifv 1569dce42941a2054232901ca03faba39b1d1fb5.gifverosezgif-com-gif-maker.gif

• External Content www.youtube.com

nothing here for now hehe (/▽\)

and as a bonus

Here's the SHE chinese version

External Content youtu.be

• Do you want sad or do you want depressing.

I am one of the world's leading experts on the latter.

For the former, I guess, as far as mainstream is concerned, this is really good:

This one was an obsession for like the past year:

The EP it's on is great.

Speaking of great, Phoebe Bridger's album last year got a lot of attention, but the one before it was even better. This song in particular:

The lyrics are very Kozelek, but Phoebe didn't rape anybody, so that makes her better in every respect.

This is fantastic if you can get past Gibbard's horrible voice:

Outside of the mainstream, this'un's a gem:

A really fantastic emerging artist is Skullcrusher. Every song she's released so far has been great, really, every single one, but this one is my favourite:

Carissa's Wierd (and Jenn solo) have some of the best sad songs ever recorded, but many of them (especially Jenn's solo stuff) can teeter into the depressing territory which idk if you'd be into. But this is a stone-cold classic, and to think, they recorded it in the basement of Tool's former bassist lollol:

For something a bit more unusual and mysterious, there's this evergreen piece of haunting, nostalgic ambiguity:

Finally, there's...

Okay, so, I have the demo version of Faunts' Gone With the Day. It leaked on the internet before the album came out. The album version is... Almost like a dub remix, it sounds all under-waterry and blurry, you can't actually make out the instruments, it's almost an ambient track. Whereas the demo has an alt-country vibe to it. It's literally one of my favourite ever songs in its original form, and, in 2021, I don't know if anyone else even has the demo version (I've looked in the usual places, and, like, nobody besides me seems to have it).

So I'll upload it!

Here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8geg…With%20the%20Day.mp3?dl=0

:)

Edited 3 times, last by tenfour ().

• Official Post

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!