IU Digital Single <strawberry moon> MV Teaser

• Yeah, i still dont understand Korea's obsession with her music per se. For me, she has a beautiful and unique tone and of course her stunning visuals. But her songs? It has to be the lyrics because sonically, they sound like every other female soloist. Not that they're bad, just that they're indistinguishable.

Statistics beats subjective opinion, every time.

Much though you would like to self-certify your subjective tastes as "facts"..

Her success tells the story.

Your Jo Yuri would kill to have even 1% of what IU has achieved.

Besides this is a "popularity" industry.

If you want seriously distinctive music, go listen to Indie, Jazz, Classical etc. Not kpop.

I like the bunch of Antenna artists.

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

pasted-from-clipboard.png

:omgr:

Ive seen the speculations 'bout it being a continuation of you&i and above the time, but id imagine shed use the same actor from those if that's the case?

• Ive seen the speculations 'bout it being a continuation of you&i and above the time, but id imagine shed use the same actor from those if that's the case?

Im leaning more on this being a continuation to blueming when they finally meet. That one youtube channel connected above the time to blueming but I dont really see much connection except for maybe the rose drawn in the guy's hand in above the time.

• Im leaning more on this being a continuation to blueming when they finally meet. That one youtube channel connected above the time to blueming but I dont really see much connection except for maybe the rose drawn in the guy's hand in above the time.

I think i know which one you are talking about and i agree the connection never made any sense.

• Yeah, i still dont understand Korea's obsession with her music per se. For me, she has a beautiful and unique tone and of course her stunning visuals. But her songs? It has to be the lyrics because sonically, they sound like every other female soloist. Not that they're bad, just that they're indistinguishable.

Before Eight, Blueming might be the one song that left somewhat of an impression. Then Eight hit like a mack truck, it's one of maybe four Kpop songs that can leave me teary eyed (along with Magic Shop, Ugly and You Never Know).

I spent 9 years trying to explain it to everyone. The Koreans thought IU was an antithesis against KPop and supported her for all these years because they thought she would make KPop go back to domesticism.

Lee Jieun didn't really write songs for the international audience and her propensity to write songs in Korean will never really win any serious number of i fans.

• The reason Korean R&B, Jazz, indie, etc has no presence outside Korea is other countries have their own singers doing the same thing so there is really no need to use Koreans for that.

Only KPop is competitive. IU is riding along because she was around KPop for so long; the same does not apply to people like Akmu (which at least benefits from the fact that it is under SM) or Bol4.

• The reason Korean R&B, Jazz, indie, etc has no presence outside Korea is other countries have their own singers doing the same thing so there is really no need to use Koreans for that.

Only KPop is competitive. IU is riding along because she was around KPop for so long; the same does not apply to people like Akmu (which at least benefits from the fact that it is under SM) or Bol4.

This is not about competitiveness.

If a listener wants distinctive music, they should look to distinctive genres and not "pop" which is the lowest common denominator among music.

As to your obsession about only "export quality" music, you will be hard pressed to find a single act which prioritizes that.

Do you think BTS will henceforth release only English songs then?

Not at all, international is always something additional.

• I spent 9 years trying to explain it to everyone. The Koreans thought IU was an antithesis against KPop and supported her for all these years because they thought she would make KPop go back to domesticism.

Lee Jieun didn't really write songs for the international audience and her propensity to write songs in Korean will never really win any serious number of i fans.

Occam's razor.

Do you think the average Korean listener is bothered about dynamics like domesticism etc.

Not at all, they listen to what they like.

Only an insecure culture will form their preferences around what appeals to outsiders. That's just bring culturally colonized.

Good for Koreans, that they aren't.

• :pepe-comfy:

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• As for the theories

• So sweet :pepe-comfy:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!