IU Digital Single <strawberry moon> MV Teaser

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• It actually sounds like an IU track I might like. Feel like it has been a while.

You dont like Celebrity or Eight or Into the ILand? I think she's finally hit her stride after being kinda generic sounding in the beginning of her career. Eight is one of the best solo songs in Kpop and Celebrity is addictive. Into the Iland is SO underrated.

• You dont like Celebrity or Eight or Into the ILand? I think she's finally hit her stride after being kinda generic sounding in the beginning of her career. Eight is one of the best solo songs in Kpop and Celebrity is addictive. Into the Iland is SO underrated.

You are obsessed with Eight, 😀

but generic sounding is subjective. You can't apply that retroactively.

I would think Boo, Marshmallow to maybe You &I were keeping with the prevalent songs of that period.

But she debuted with an outlier and since Modern Times, mostly has differentiated herself.

So majority of her career, can hardly be called generic.

• You dont like Celebrity or Eight or Into the ILand? I think she's finally hit her stride after being kinda generic sounding in the beginning of her career. Eight is one of the best solo songs in Kpop and Celebrity is addictive. Into the Iland is SO underrated.

I went through her entire discography last year (which is a lot of songs). Guess I didn't word my comment fully right as I went through all of her songs in one go.

Eight I'm a big fan of, especially the acoustic live version

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Other than that, only two songs made it onto my playlist (Lost Child which was her debut song and Above the Time) which is a pretty poor conversion rate considering the size of her discography. Even I was surprised by the lack of songs I enjoyed, especially as I'm a fan of Korean ballads (when I went through Taeyeon's discography I added at least 10-12 songs). Just don't click with her music sonically most of the time but I can have a pretty vanilla taste. I know one of her main allures in SK is a lot around lyricism, but I'm not fussed to look up lyrics unless I'm enjoying the music itself.

I can imagine I see her music like people used to see J.Cole's early work - if you're really into your hip-hop his lyricism, wordplay, cadence etc you'd appreciate and love. But to the layman he used to be called boring as his beat selection was never the most interesting. I can't appreciate her lyricism and I just don't find her music sonically captivating, so just a lot of skips.

• Yeah, i still dont understand Korea's obsession with her music per se. For me, she has a beautiful and unique tone and of course her stunning visuals. But her songs? It has to be the lyrics because sonically, they sound like every other female soloist. Not that they're bad, just that they're indistinguishable.

Before Eight, Blueming might be the one song that left somewhat of an impression. Then Eight hit like a mack truck, it's one of maybe four Kpop songs that can leave me teary eyed (along with Magic Shop, Ugly and You Never Know).

• Yeah, i still dont understand Korea's obsession with her music per se. For me, she has a beautiful and unique tone and of course her stunning visuals. But her songs? It has to be the lyrics because sonically, they sound like every other female soloist. Not that they're bad, just that they're indistinguishable.

Before Eight, Blueming might be the one song that left somewhat of an impression. Then Eight hit like a mack truck, it's one of maybe four Kpop songs that can leave me teary eyed (along with Magic Shop, Ugly and You Never Know).

Yeah her vocals are great and I like her tone as well (don't think too much of her visuals but irrelevant really). I do have a bit of a soft spot for her as My Mister is one of the best kdramas ever made.

Blueming is very pop-rock, very much the 2000s western pop sound. Thing is she does change her sound but yeah, I just can't get into it. I find her increased following with western fans pretty odd, it's just 95% chart adulation.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!