IU Digital Single <strawberry moon> Concept Moving Teaser - 2021.10.19 00:00 (KST)

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• 2021.10.19 00:00 (KST) ..

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Yea, more surpised she actually got her company to agree, or forced im guessing...

• Is she really dropping at 12.00 midnight - I thought it was 'time unspecified'.

But guess given the theme is moon, 20th is full moon - at this rate I won't be surprised if she arranges an astronomic/galactic event to actually make the moon look Strawberry.

Someone should check with the astronomers for any such on 19 Oct.

I think she need to seek help for this obsession with numbers soon ...

It kinda feels like she wants to experiment and test her power. Queen will slay either way :froghype::froghype:

• External Content youtu.be

(Although the actor Lee Jungjae played a never do well in the Squid Game, roles like this (a Prince who takes the Throne) is what he usually plays.)

• External Content youtu.be

(Although the actor Lee Jungjae played a never do well in the Squid Game, roles like this (a Prince who takes the Throne) is what he usually plays.)

Wrong thread? Or is there some convoluted allusion to your favorite K-pop singer?

• I understand that the charts freeze at 1 pm.

Is 1st hour ULs even a thing? It would be interesting to see how it performs?

If her primary base is truly the GP - not fans who would care to stay up, then the ULs should drop compared to her other releases.

If not, then she also has considerable fandom

• First hour ul will be available on the old realtime chart thats still available, as long as it ranks in the top #3.

가이섬.com
    각종 국내 음원 차트 아카이빙 사이트로 지난 차트를 검색, 비교, 분석할 수 있습니다.
    xn--o39an51b2re.com

edit:
    This might be wrong if the old chart rule that songs can only enter the chart between 12-6pm still applies

--

Doubt you can judge much by that, the interest in a new IU release will be so high that its probable that many will tune in at 12am from "gp" just to check it out. The news the shes gonna release a song at midnight is probably promotion enough for the song tbh.

Fandom streaming has not really been a thing for iu in a long time, even if she has a sizable dedicated fandom in itself, theres not been a need for them to actually stream songs in a over decade, why bother when its already topping the chart? Her graph go down at zombie hours while fandom streams always go up. She also the one losing by far the most ranks in this new top 100 chart when fandom hours start.

--

i have no idea how this will do ul wise for the first hour, but for the first 24 hours there shouldnt be a huge difference compared to if she released it at 6pm as usual.

Now, if the song is in english as some speculate i have my doubts about it performing as well as one normally would expect from an IU release. (Personally i hope its not, not really a fan of this new trend of korean acts doing songs in english)

Edited 3 times, last by Kreatin ().

• Since Lee Jieun writes the lyrics it will probably be Korean. If it were English some other name would have been mentioned since Lee Jieun is not well known for her English lyrics.

• Since Lee Jieun writes the lyrics it will probably be Korean. If it were English some other name would have been mentioned since Lee Jieun is not well known for her English lyrics.

What makes me uncertain about it is the english teaser

• Now, if the song is in english as some speculate i have my doubts about it performing as well as one normally would expect from an IU release. (Personally i hope its not, not really a fan of this new trend of korean acts doing songs in english)

I hope IU does not join this weird "me too English" trend, to get into Western markets

The only way that would succeed for IU, is she does what Celine Dion did - have a fantastic vehicle like 'Titanic', otherwise when was the last time a non-English/non-Latin soloist not based in the Western markets succeeded in the West.

I can think only of the French-Quebecois Celine Dion.

Otherwise IU 's uniqueness is the authenticity of her korean lyrical expression.

It was already bad to see the boys go from something like Spring day to "Ding dong... king kong" for lyrics,

Not IU as well.

• sad-

there were so many rumors about this being a collab with rose but i guess not :(

Not really sure what those rumors come from other than whishful thinking this time, but i wouldnt be surprised if it were to happen sometime in the future.

• Will Jennings wrote the English lyrics for Dion in the Titanic OST

Dion only wrote a couple French lyrics. All of her major hits had someone writing the lyrics for her

Lee Jieun prides herself writing the lyrics, and even though she might add a token English words she has still not learned how to write lyrics in English, although we will see since it is not hard for her to find someone to teach how to write English lyrics such as Ryan Jhun.

Dion only wrote a couple French lyrics. All of her major hits had someone writing the lyrics for her

Lee Jieun prides herself writing the lyrics, and even though she might add a token English words she has still not learned how to write lyrics in English, although we will see since it is not hard for her to find someone to teach how to write English lyrics such as Ryan Jhun.

She wrote the lyrics for Through The Night originally in English, then translated them to Korean.

The credits haven't been announced yet, so there can be an English lyricist.

But I hope she doesn't join the English trend.

I am not saying that IU should write the lyrics in English, someone else can.

But saying that irrespective of who writes, I don't think IU would succeed much by usual promos etc., but only via a vehicle like Titanic.

But overall, I rather IU does not bother at ll.

• To be fair, if its in english i doubt its for trying for the west. She said shes always been frustrated about not being able to communicate properly with fans overseas, so i can see why shed want to do an english song once at least

--

but i just saw this

External Content twitter.com

if its really a sequel to above the time its probably not in english..

• And if she really wanted to release and English song for the West she should release at 1PM Friday

• This thread contains 4 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!