One month later, did Lisa's solo flop?

• Fans complain abut promo all the time but never I’ve never seen a fandom so fixated and obsessed with it like Lisa Stans did for this comeback. It was a bit deranged lol. When she’s that successful even without it to only talk about useless Korean charting and downplaying their own fav was really embarrassing to witness lol.

I've worked for Korean companies so I understand the mistreatment and xenophobia (I'm SEA, though not saying all Korean companies are like those two I had, because we don't know), so I truly believe that there's lack of promotion. It was obvious, after all.

However, I'll admit that the negativity and incessant complaining were tiring and stressful. It's like the whole fandom can't win because instead of possibly doing something about it as a whole, it was just complaints left, right, and center. I doubt they even tried to go on TikTok to submit an entry to the challenge themselves.

• I've worked for Korean companies so I understand the mistreatment and xenophobia (I'm SEA, though not saying all Korean companies are like those two I had, because we don't know), so I truly believe that there's lack of promotion. It was obvious, after all.

However, I'll admit that the negativity and incessant complaining were tiring and stressful. It's like the whole fandom can't win because instead of possibly doing something about it as a whole, it was just complaints left, right, and center. I doubt they even tried to go on TikTok to submit an entry to the challenge themselves.

Music show wouldn’t have improved Lisa’s charting. No one watches music shows other than fans who tuned into it on YouTube.

To get exposure and become viral with the GP you need to do variety that would put you on the map with Koreans. Since BP themselves are so popular if Lisa couldn’t get traction it’s because she needs to go above and beyond what other members do to break the same barrier.

But that type variety plan was never in the works for BP I think. If she had gone and done all that extra stuff that Rose didn’t do it would led to even bigger fights with the fandom I think lol.

So I think fans were just uselessly barking up a wrong tree. Music shows are the most useless things on the planet as far as Korean GP is concerned.

• Good angle, and I agree. Although I wasn't actually thinking of the music shows.

I'll bite: Rose did Knowing Bros, though. I think the Korean GP's open to Lisa, but we don't fully know what happened behind the scenes and why she didn't have even a single Korean variety show guesting.

That's the sad thing, though. If Lisa did something more than the other members, the stans of the others will also complain. And vice versa. Sometimes, equality doesn't work. If they have gotten and done something, that should be enough.

It's the stans who will scrutinize every single activity, endorsement, etc.

• I've worked for Korean companies so I understand the mistreatment and xenophobia (I'm SEA, though not saying all Korean companies are like those two I had, because we don't know), so I truly believe that there's lack of promotion. It was obvious, after all.

I felt it wasn't as successful as it could be cos the complaints ruined the experience for me.

• Not our fault YG sabotaged Lisa’s solo. And it’s not about performing in music shows for me, it’s having more performances of her song to watch. Cuz Lisa is always a joy to watch, that with the few stages she had, it felt like it wasn’t enough.

Also, I’m super glad money is going viral and Lalisa got a Giuness Record

• Not our fault YG sabotaged Lisa’s solo. And it’s not about performing in music shows for me, it’s having more performances of her song to watch. Cuz Lisa is always a joy to watch, that with the few stages she had, it felt like it wasn’t enough.

Also, I’m super glad money is going viral and Lalisa got a Giuness Record

There was more complaints than there was views on Lilifim vlogs.

• Yeah I suppose it did in Korea, but it's doing more than well internationally.

I mean just because it hasn't done as well as expected doesn't mean it flopped. Success is still success.

💣🎇 P1Harmony 5th Mini Album 'HARMONY : SET IN' OUT NOW!!!💥💣
    b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

• It didn’t do well in Korea, but she is doing well everywhere else… so no, not a flop at all.

I think she would have performed even better internationally if more fans focused on supporting her than finding evidence that YG is mistreating her. Because that’s what it was at the end.

If YG doesn’t give her promo, Fans could, we have the ability to give our faves the exposure they need, we are that big as a fandom…. Instead of 3milion tweets about her being mistreated for not attending a fashion show she wasn’t even planned to attend in the first place… they couldn’t have used this to trend Money killing it everywhere.

• I would say it's hard to judge because artists with an already big hardcore fanbase always will do pretty well in the short term when a song is released, the queastion is how many new non-kpop fans she got? No clue, I have never have hard her name or song talkabout outside of kpop-forums/media.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!