Does Dreamcatcher have the least haters in kpop?

• They are sitting comfortably inside their own Kpop bubble, which is a good or bad thing depending on how you see it.

Well.. theoretically hate is good, because hate bring attention. Attention bring more fans and popularity. More fans bring more money to them.

• Well.. theoretically hate is good, because hate bring attention. Attention bring more fans and popularity. More fans bring more money to them.

Theoretically speaking, yeah, but in practice, hate doesn't really guarantee you more fans. It could also make GP to tag you as this hatable group and that doesn't really brings in more money and success.

• I think they're not big enough and therefore they never "stole" anything from a rival group. Fans develop a hate boner for a group after they feel that group stole their faves' spotlight/opportunity.

Like, a few months ago I was baffled to see some Loona fans hate on Jeon Soyeon because she won the award on M Coundtdown against Loona... This shit must happen all the time.

Also, DC has never been embroiled in some stupid controversy, about dating, CA or whatever. Nothing that gained any kind of traction at least. So their image among international kpop fans is quite clean.

Only thing I have heard about is the name and the use of dreamcatcher imagery being CA but meh. Don’t think that is too relevant.

• Only thing I have heard about is the name and the use of dreamcatcher imagery being CA but meh. Don’t think that is too relevant.

I know, I saw it too. But it's what I meant by it never gained any traction. It was only a few people who tried to play the CA card over something very, very insignificant. Dreamcatchers have been part of popular culture for a while now. Where were these guys when Stephen King released a book titled Dreamcatcher in 2001? Where were these guys when a high budget movie adaptation released two years after?

Besides the name and the symbol, DC doesn't use Native imagery in their music, MVs, etc. So I don't see how it can be that big of a deal; they're just trying to surf the CA wave because that's what people have been taught to do to feel relevant.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!