Why don't IZ*ONE sing live?

• I've noticed that in basically all the stages I've seen, when they are singing and dancing it's either the studio track or prerecorded. This isn't meant to bash the girls because I'm well aware that they are great singers based of produce 48 and their encore stages. Is this off the record's doing? Is it because the choreo is to difficult or...? If this is the case then, why doesn't the choreo get modified to make it easier for them to sing? It's just something that has been bugging me for a while. I'm more of a casual listener than a wiz*one so I haven't watched all of their performances. If anybody has a performance that can prove me wrong please drop it.

COMEBACK STAGE (Prerecorded Vocals)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Encore (Live Vocals)

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Well, watch this video and then Panorama. I dare you to tell the vocalists apart. :D

• Well, watch this video and then Panorama. I dare you to tell the vocalists apart. :D

this brought back war flashbacks of that weird time in the late 2000s and early 2010s where every song had an alvin and the chipmunks cover

• Official Post

do u have any clips?

These are ones I could find

• Maybe they always wanna focus on their dancing or maybe it's a company decision :?:

:!: :!: :!:

i feel like it's probably a company decision.

These are ones I could find

i'm pretty sure the first one is pre recorded vocals. Thanks though.

• This isn't just for IZ*ONE but for all groups in general.

yeah ur right. This applies to a lot of 4th gen groups. IZ*ONE is just the one that came to mind because i haven't seen much material of them singing live while dancing. I honestly don't mind high backing track that much. I just appreciate the effort of trying to sing while doing such difficult choreo.

• because their dance is difficult and intensive + their songs are difficult to sing. It is expected that they focus more on performance than vocal. Their encore stage basically showed that they can sing anyway.

• It's become a norm thing to not sing live in kpop even when groups can but companies don't let them for whatever reason. Honestly not talking about IZ*ONE only, but all performances look bland which are not sung live, I can tolerate heavy backtrack but not when it's complete lipsync.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!