Since everyone wants to come to US/UK/Germany/Sweden why not bring those home?

• Koreans I spoke to say they want to come to America, everyday there’s thousands of people seeking to migrate legally or legally to these countries, but obviously this will put a strain on services. So rather than pack people into just a few countries why not expand these countries societies overseas like a franchise? That way there could be development in areas people can’t find a good standard of living and it would be open to locals, not just expats.

• :/ colonizing worked super well for development

Colonization was exclusive to benefit the upper classes. This would be more like bringing the good parts of those societies and expanding it into underdeveloped areas. This is sort of how Singapore started. They can build schools, hospitals, factories, cultural centers as an annex.

• I never get why Koreans want to go to USA...

stay in SK at least you don't have there people running with guns lol

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Koreans I spoke to say they want to come to America, everyday there’s thousands of people seeking to migrate legally or legally to these countries, but obviously this will put a strain on services. So rather than pack people into just a few countries why not expand these countries societies overseas like a franchise? That way there could be development in areas people can’t find a good standard of living and it would be open to locals, not just expats.

You already have Itaewon mate.

Globalization is real and SK has plenty of US army bases.

This is already happening in SK.

Same for quite a few other countries including my own (Romania, we have quite a few Nato bases)

• You already have Itaewon mate.

Globalization is real and SK has plenty of US army bases.

This is already happening in SK.

Same for quite a few other countries including my own (Romania, we have quite a few Nato bases)

Except Itaewon isn’t organized. Expats just went there because it was cheap to live. These USA towns would be organized both by the western and local country to bring the systems that are already developed and social rights/culture from the West. But it needs to be done with people who are open minded

• Except Itaewon isn’t organized. Expats just went there because it was cheap to live. These USA towns would be organized both by the western and local country to bring the systems that are already developed and social rights/culture from the West. But it needs to be done with people who are open minded

Yeah I get what you meant, same like Korea town or China town etc in the west.

But to be fair, those who will want to settle there would be few.

Since the quality of life is a lot higher in their respective countries.

It's the love of the culture that makes them want to settle.

• Like where?

And how would that be beneficial to the "underdeveloped" society?

People like migrating to the US for these main reasons:

- better economy and technology

- more rights/freedoms

- relatively tolerant society

This causes a brain drain on the local county and further impoverishes it. So create a special zone that brings these benefits to other countries based on the Western societies migrants prefer

• Oh yeah right, because there are a lot of Western citizens dying to live in developing countries with no benefits whatsoever, sure.

• Lol everyone I know agrees that the US is a shitshow and they would never want to go there, except for sight seeing, who are you talking to about this

US is the country most people migrate to

5 Countries with the Most Immigrants
    To no surprise, the United States leads the list of countries with the most immigrants. You might be surprised by others on the list.
    citizenpath.com

The main complaint from Koreans is the unbearable conservative society they live in, hence why US seems better to them, although they know it’s not perfect either

• US is the country most people migrate to

https://citizenpath.com/countries-with-the-most-immigrants/

The main complaint from Koreans is the unbearable conservative society they live in, hence why US seems better to them, although they know it’s not perfect either

Well I do agree that most young Koreans who are seeing the 'freedom' of America think it'd be great instead of having to respect their elders and all the rules over here, but I can't say I've heard any Korean say they would actually want to go live there. We must get our information differently

• I honestly hope that the US, it's ideas and way, stay far away from SK. I love the unique culture here and how deep the roots grow, I don't want to US to mess it up. I do enjoy other cultures and that's all well and fine to have mixing cultures if it happens naturally but in SK it doesn't really happen that naturally so I wouldn't push it. They are probably better off with their 'conservative' ideas that the US's

• I never get why Koreans want to go to USA...

stay in SK at least you don't have there people running with guns lol

Lot of Korean youth wanna leave because they want a less stressing and competitive life style. Also, SK geopolitical situation is pretty delicate which adds to the stress. USA still has a decent reputation overall with Koreans (negative views on USA seems to be very eurocentric POV) and Korean community is sizable which helps with relocation. Probably Australia and Canada are becoming more appealing options than USA lately thou.

Still this is just wishes and perception. Looking at migration stats (net migration and raw numbers of migrants leaving), not that many South Koreans migrated really over the years. Comparing it to Poland (comparable size and geopolitics), less South Koreans left SK than Poland. Not sure why TC singled out SK when other decent nations also suffer for that (like Balkans in EU). SK is more a perception problem in comparison than reality.

Now about topic creator's "idea", I have no idea what you are on. Even if South Koreans complain and wish about leaving, they aren't leaving in droves (at least to be relevant stats wise). It seems to be just perception and an opinion not fueled on data and just based on anecdotes (I have relatives who also say this shit, but they are mostly just babbling). Sure Hell Joseon is a thing, but actually leaving is a different matter. The proposed "solution" is just a dumb idea and not based on reality (the Singapore example is really off). SK doesn't need help in this regard. They just need to improve their geopolitical situation and start adopting practices and mentality that improve school and workplace life.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!