GP999 J-Group 3rd Elimination (Poll)

• Who did you vote for in J-Group? 36

The result is only visible to the participants.

Of the 33 Japanese contestants who participated on Girls Planet 999 there are only 9 Left

A little on each contestant, their chances and a Video of them performing

On the surface J-Group may feel as though it is the most Predictable of the 3 National Groups, it really seems like the 3 Main Girls have a Final spot locked up and a 4th J-Group girls seems like too much of a stretch, however a Final Lineup with only 2 J-Group girls is much more of a possibility than people seem to think it is

Click here for K-Group Poll

Click here for C-Group Poll

Kawaguchi Yurina

The most vulnerable of the 3 Main J-Group Girls and I believe at risk of being the first #1 Ranked contestant at an Elimination to not make the Final Lineup in Produce/Survival show History. She needs the Final Lineup to include 3 J-Group members otherwise I don't believe she has much of a chance.

Yurina to me doesn't need much Screen time to shine, she doesn't need many Lines either she is the perfect Girl Group member for a Modern Large Group, which is what the Final lineup will be (9 members), her best performances so far were Fancy and HYLT and in both she had a minimal role yet was able to steal much of the spotlight because she left people wanting more, She needs to recapture that early momentum.

Predicted Final Rank = Third in J-Group

Odds to make Final Lineup = ~50%

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Sakamoto Mashiro

Barring some kind of Catastrophic collapse in Popularity, Mashiro should be a part of the Final Lineup, she has a Huge International Voter following (the most in the show) and a Big portion of Korean votes (although I wouldn't rely on those, I suspect they will all but disappear come the Final Ranking)

Predicted Final Rank = Second in J-Group

Odds to make Final Lineup = >90%

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Ezaki Hikaru

I think no contestant will benefit more from the Votes switching from 3 per Group to 1 per Group and finally to 1 overall, I strongly suspect she will move to First in J-Group by the end barring some kind of intervention on Mnet's behalf, I don't think people realize how many Hikaru stans are out there, at this point she along with Mashiro have to be considered almost shoe ins for the Final 9

Predicted Final Rank = First in J-Group

Odds to make Final Lineup = >90%

Nonaka Shana

I don't know what to say, she is Cute and a Good Singer, some people are suggesting she could be the Main Vocal but I don't think that would be her Role if she made the Final lineup, she may need the Final lineup to include 4 J-Group Girls to make it (highly unlikely) but there is a tiny chance that Yurina could fall out of the Top 3, in which case Shana might? be the favorite to sneak into that spot? maybe

Predicted Rank = 4th to 6th in J-Group

Odds to make Final Lineup = <10%

Nagai Manami
    Not going to Lie, when I watched through the Introduction Video's of the 99 contestants before the very First episode there was only 1 Girl I actively disliked and that was Manami who started her Video by obnoxiously clanging 2 Symbols together, how she made it this far I will never understand but hey, everybody likes different things and an awful lot of people apparently like her, it could not have been a worse first impression of a contestant for me

Odds to make Final Lineup = <10% (pls no, I beg of you)

Kishida Ririka

I Initially suspected she would be the biggest threat to take the 3rd Rank in J-Group from Yurina, but it seems she is the most reliant on Korean votes which are not something I would count on keeping when it changes to 1 vote per Voter later on, it is very difficult to predict how these 3 Girls (shana, manami and ririka) will Rank comparatively and whilst all of them are likely not going to make the lineup anyway, if somebody does it can only be one of them, Yurina surely couldn't fall beneath 2 of them and simultaneously have enough Votes for 4 of J-Group to make the Final Lineup, it would be one or the other

Odds to make Final Lineup = <10%

Ikema Ruan

Most of Ruan's support is coming from Korean Voters who will almost assuredly abandon her come the Final Vote when they can only vote for 1 Person each (assuming she even makes it that far)

Ruan was an early favorite for me (before even the first episode) based on the Photoshoot and Introduction Videos each of the contestants did before the show I found her to be the most attractive of J-Group at the time, my opinion changed throughout the show when getting to know so many of the other Girls I initially overlooked, but I still have a soft spot for her and think she has potential to be something in K-pop

Predicted Rank = 7th in J-Group

Odds to make Final Lineup = <5% but probably Zero

May

I like May allot more in Cherry Bullet than I have so far in this Show, she isn't going to make the Final Lineup I think we all know that, I don't think she was ever really a threat of that either, it was more a promotion of Cherry Bullet, which I think Jiwon and especially Bora have had a much more successful time doing on this show to date

Predicted Rank = 9th in J-Group

Odds to make Final Lineup = Zero

Kamimoto Kotone

Someone mentioned Kotone was in Boombayah in the First episode, I didn't believe it but I went back and looked and Yes she was, she has been almost invisible to me throughout the entire show up until people started posting her Lyrics for the VVS performance, which I think has given her enough attention that I cannot completely dismiss her chances in the show.

Predicted Rank = 8th in J-Group

Odds to make Final Lineup = <5%

So who does AllKpop like? that is why I made this Thread after all

Vote and comment below why

GOKJ33.gif

Edited 2 times, last by SleepingGiant: linked the Manami Intro Video ().

Ezaki Hikaru

I think no contestant will benefit more from the Votes switching from 3 per Group to 1 per Group and finally to 1 overall, I strongly suspect she will move to First in J-Group by the end

Called it!, also called Yurina falling to 3rd with 1 per vote, but that saddens me so I won't quote that

• I'm putting all the eggs in the basket for Ririka cause I really thought Yurina would be safe

For this next Elimination I think you are Right, Yurina should hold onto a spot in the Top 17 even if she falls out of Top 9, but you cannot afford any strategic votes going forward, Yurina is to me at best a 50/50 chance of making the final lineup

• For this next Elimination I think you are Right, Yurina should hold onto a spot in the Top 17 even if she falls out of Top 9, but you cannot afford any strategic votes going forward, Yurina is to me at best a 50/50 chance of making the final lineup

Perhaps it was cause Yurina was a lot of peoples extra pick and when they were cell voting perhaps she got more votes cause she’s in Xiaoting’s cell 🤷‍♀️

• Perhaps it was cause Yurina was a lot of peoples extra pick and when they were cell voting perhaps she got more votes cause she’s in Xiaoting’s cell 🤷‍♀️

Yes, Yurina is in MOST peoples Top3 Favorite J-Group contestants and she is many people's #1 J-Group contestant, but very few people's #1 Overall

And since the Final Vote is almost certainly going to go from 1/1/1 Vote (as it is now) to simply 1 Vote Overall, I estimate she will finish somewhere between 8th and 12th and I am now sadly leaning towards her just missing the Final Lineup

I am hoping the Utopia performance gives her a chance to recapture some of that early momentum she had from HYLT and Fancy where smaller roles allowed her to show her strengths as a Girl Group member

• Yes, Yurina is in MOST peoples Top3 Favorite J-Group contestants and she is many people's #1 J-Group contestant, but very few people's #1 Overall

And since the Final Vote is almost certainly going to go from 1/1/1 Vote (as it is now) to simply 1 Vote Overall, I estimate she will finish somewhere between 8th and 12th and I am now sadly leaning towards her just missing the Final Lineup

I am hoping the Utopia performance gives her a chance to recapture some of that early momentum she had from HYLT and Fancy where smaller roles allowed her to show her strengths as a Girl Group member

I’ve been fighting so hard to save Ririka in j-group that I thought she was safe. I worried about my lower ranked picks. Same thing I did with C-group. Been voting for Yaning like crazy cause I assumed Ruiqi was safe.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!