stop being obsessed about album sales and "bop or flop" (pretty ranty post - Rants (thread series): Post 1)

• i know this sounds needy but do you agree? 10

The result is only visible to the participants.

(note: I know this is a very negative post, I'm the kind that gets unhappy at posts like these)

Why do people care so much about "4th gen queens", album sales or "bop vs flop"? Why would they be worrying about who's a better visual or the 3rd gen it girl? WHY DO PEOPLE CARE SO MUCH?

Now, this is like the best Reddit comment I found that answered my question, if you think it's yours, lol sorry. This is a very harsh comment, and I don't want to offend you. (for some people that comment literally describes them, can't remember usernames anyways)

If you unstan groups just because they aren't popular enough, or are too popular, or because they hit too many or haven't hit enough achievements for you, you have never been a real fan in the first place, or stopped being one.

My piece of advice: if you focus on achievements instead of the members or the music, you'll be less satisfied and you'll probably be disappointed more. And by focusing on music, I mean actually enjoying and/or respecting the music, not complaining about every little thing and criticising every song. Don't pretend to be a fan or ex-fan of other groups if you're just going to trash-talk them.

• The bop or flop threads have nothing to do with sales or success and are just about discussing the latest song.

Are you seriously asking why we should be discussing the latest k-pop releases on a k-pop forum.

• The bop or flop threads have nothing to do with sales or success and are just about discussing the latest song.

Are you seriously asking why we should be discussing the latest k-pop releases on a k-pop forum.

people were dragging itzy for not getting enough sales, and people were unstanning Seventeen because they haven't gotten enough achievements (you might not have seen that on akp). have you seen the people comparing itzy to aespa and stayc, mocking their comeback and hating on them every time?

• I understand being happy for your faves or proud of them when they achieve something or sell a certain amount. But fighting over who sold more or charted higher or had more streams than who, definitely has nothing to do with being happy for your faves and proud of them ;-)

• I understand being happy for your faves or proud of them when they achieve something or sell a certain amount. But fighting over who sold more or charted higher or had more streams than who, definitely has nothing to do with being happy for your faves and proud of them ;-)

yeah, I never did that and I never understood that. That's like some 9 year old kid behaviour, these trolls are straight up behaving like kids.

• I agree with the whole charting and album sales obsession which I think is so dumb like I would understand if you're disappointed if your fave isn't doing well, but some people are just obsessed with being no 1 ugh it's tiring.

I don't see the problem with bop or flop threads however, it's just to see who likes the song and who doesn't? Not a very deep thread idea imo, there's almost no harm to it unless someone is bashing the actual artist.

• different strokes for different folks my friend

each person's interests and hobbies are different and so even if one cannot understand why a certain is the way it is doesn't mean others feel the same

• It’s just a misunderstanding of the nuances of English on your part regarding the “bop or flop” threads bc the “flop” here means bad in quality, ie. a bad release you don’t like, not flop as in doing poorly in sales like you assumed lol

• Sorry, but most kpoopies are teens with no personality, so they go with the flow. That is why you see all this dummies talking with the same terms, in the same way and the same topics over and over again.
    My advice: this thing is not going to change, not even when kpoopies get old -You should see how sports fans behave-, so ignore them, or do what i do, wich is not take the kpop and kpoopies too serious.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!