Am I the only person who doesn't like Lemonade that much?

• This is my first thread, so hello guys! I've been a NCTzen for more than a year, since June 2020. I always see overwhelming praise for Lemonade, and the most praise is literally for the verses I really don't like. (pls don't be bullying me)

I don't really like the intro, when Jaehyun says "Lemonade", don't get me wrong, Jaehyun's voice actually sounds great, but it just feels so jarring and discordant (IN MY OPINION). I don't like the chorus, because the "tastes like lemonade" sounds like some amateurish song and some TikTok song mixed together (I don't even know, again, in my OPINION.)

Yes, I KNOW the song isn't actually about lemonade ¬‿¬ , that's why I kinda like the song.

I straight up sound like I'm nitpicking everything, but also that part when they scream "NCT! (insert whatever)", (at the end of the bridge, just before the chorus) sounds a bit off.

My first thoughts:

I watched a video about NCT's songs getting less and less unique because I was interested. I thought that Lemonade sounds like your typical boy group, so I was disinterested, and didn't listen to the rest of the song.

(please I beg you don't gang up on me)

• Welcome!

You're not the only one, I don't particularly like Lemonade and have felt this way ever since the track video was released. I really like Jaehyun's fast paced "rap" part in the verse, but I'm not feeling the chorus and the beat at all.

I do get why it is so popular with both NCTzens and non-fans. It's a good choice to promote alongside the title track.

• I like it, but that may be solely because Jaehyun really kills it on the song and I like the bridge. It's pretty simple for NCT and a song that I could see the other units doing. It's got a pretty catchy hook though so I can see why people are gravitating toward it, especially if they're not feeling Sticker.

• I like it, but that may be solely because Jaehyun really kills it on the song and I like the bridge. It's pretty simple for NCT and a song that I could see the other units doing. It's got a pretty catchy hook though so I can see why people are gravitating toward it, especially if they're not feeling Sticker.

I think Jaehyun's greatness is overshadowing some other real good moments of the song like for example the rap-vocal harmonies between Johnny x Doyoung and Yuta-Haechan

And of course everything from main rapper main dancer and main character Mark Lee

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

And then there's also the fact it sounds like a hoe anthem, feels like a hoe anthem, looks like a hoe anthem but is in fact a diss track :pepe-hehe:

• oh yes I love the vocals behind the rap!

I still can't believe Breakfast ended being the hoe song. :pepenomad:

• I should start looking out for the harmonies in the songs omggg, and Mark's high voice SHOOK me. Also hoe anthems are the goddamn BEST. Some of the pictures in the album have seriously went too far, my horny ass self is CRYING :starec:

• alexS here you go

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• alexS here you go

The song is a huge fucking BOP.

The rap is 100% and the breaks between chorus and bridge are amazeballs.

NCT WORKING IT OUT!

And the fucking ending. This song is might be my fave one from NCT

• The song is a huge fucking BOP.

The rap is 100% and the breaks between chorus and bridge are amazeballs.

NCT WORKING IT OUT!

And the fucking ending. This song is might be my fave one from NCT

Glad you liked it. You should check the whole album, it's really good :pepelove1:

• Welcome again! You're not the only one - there are several users who don't as you can see in this thread.

I'm just going to warn you, I always write a lot.

Tl, dr: I love Lemonade - it's not their most complex song but I enjoy it. I don't think their songs have gotten less unique - Sticker is the exhibit for this. They're still challenging the status quo in kpop.

Longer thoughts:

I personally love Lemonade - it slaps and it offers unexpected turns (notably that there's not the harmonic chorus people were expecting). I'm always glad to see this intense rap-focused NCT 127 within the mix of their discography. I've listened to it a lot and I get Butterbutterfly's past criticism that is simple and repetitive. When compared to the complexity of Sticker, I can't disagree with the criticism. BUT to me there's always room for songs I just enjoy because they make me shake my ass and I'm chair dancing whenever it comes on.

I certainly don't think the songs are getting less and less unique - Kick It, Punch and Sticker still remain extremely divisive and to some ears dissonant in the kpop landscape as Cherry Bomb or Simon Says were. This site is full of pages of people hating the flute in Sticker amongst other things so it's certainly unique. People complain that kpop is too safe, similar or not exciting, and when something "weird" comes out, they can't stop talking about it. (Mostly about they don't like it but the point still stands here that it IS unique. I can't imagine any other group doing that song.)

I would say that I think with a higher profile, people are realizing what Czennies have known all along - the overall discography of NCT actually is NOT these kinds of "unique" tracks. There are two to three on each EP/album (usually the tt), but the bulk of their releases are r&b, r&b shaded pop or EDM shaded pop. They do them extremely well with fantastic main vocalists but the "unique" tracks have always actually been a narrower portion of their songs.

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• I still can't believe Breakfast ended being the hoe song. :pepenomad:

Are you sure about that?

:pepestare:

• For context

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!