i dont think LALISA is targeted for western market

• I know i am too late for this but whatever. So this thread is basically the tittle, because i got zero "western" vibe from Lalisa. On The Ground is what we call as "western" vibe. Im about to say Domestic market is the main priority but seeing how YG not really pushing Lisa like the previous solo project (Rose and Jennie went to variety show like Knowing Bros & Amazing Saturday etc) so i doubt that YG care that much for domestic success i guess. Lalisa is definitely targetting SEA market. The song being fully korean already telling us that western market isnt the priority but SEA is very exposed with KPOP since forever. Knowing how popular Lisa are among the SEA region, he know this will definitely hit it big there and its true , as someone that live in SEA country. People treat Lisa solo like BP comeback here. And also, the mv is giving me so 2nd gen KPOP vibe or specifically like 2010s YG Style (like Good Boy,Crayon,The Baddest Female) which will also received well by the audience.

Anyway this is just my opinion. What do you think ?

• I guess? But black pink does not need to try to target SEA at all. Unlike Korea and Japanese fans, I don’t think SEA fans ever claim that they feel neglected etc. Which thus requires a targetted approach to alter the music etc. SEA fans have long been eating up black pink and will continue to eat them up regardless of attention allocated towards them IMO. So it doesn’t make sense to do so

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Plus idk how significant SEA is especially since most data only differentiates sales in USA Japan and Korea.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• rose went with hyeri for knowing bros and jennie has never been outside of with all 4 together. jennie has never been on amazing Saturday nor did rosie go for her solo :huuh: and if your thinking of running man for jennie that was before her solo as well

also while song is in korean it still very much targets the western market with the overall hip hop vibe and clearly aiming for tik tok trends

Ehhh if im not mistaken i remember watching Rosé on Amazing Saturday when Hyeri still the fixed lineup for that variety show ??

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!