did the butter teaser clips put to rest the idea that bts does bright concepts to pander to a western audience?

• seems like the butter concept is more of a sultry vibe than anybody guessed from the title graphic. and ofc the song could end up being bright and cheery overall. but im really wondering if people will stop trying to force the idea hat bts does certain concepts or certain songs solely to appeal to a certain audience. bc i think that is factually incorrect. and butter concept is showing that they'll throw any concept at any market.

firstly, the whole argument about them releasing english songs for the u.s market only is already a bit of a reach. releasing an english song is an attempt at the global market for them, not just the u.s market. i mean, for example, dynamite is their biggest hit in jpn and its not even japanese. kpop stans often seem to miss the bigger picture.

anyway, all of this is to say, i think bts is proving that they will do what they want when they want, regardless of what the market wants or what they know they can market. bc imo many other artists would have rebounded from a hit like dynamite by releasing something in a similar style or genre. but bts is already going off the rails.

very excited to see what they bring to the table this time.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

who's your favorite artist?

• YES ANTICIPATE BUTTER ON MAY 21!!!

• Here is the thing. Nothing is predictable is with BTS. The next upcoming concept clips will be totally different than this. Even the teaser might be potentially different from this. The song might totally be different than this. The best thing you need to enjoy BTS music is to incorporate the motto “expect the unexpected”.

• doing a colorful cheerful concept to pander to the west doesn't even make sense? Especially since the standard for masculinity there is to be serious bad boy taciturn and sturdy? But i'm glad that bts bright concepts are well appreciated here.

• YES ANTICIPATE BUTTER ON MAY 21!!!

WHAT SONG IS THIS??
    :wow:

• WHAT SONG IS THIS??
    :wow:

External Content youtu.be

• BTS said they never do the same concept twice. so I don't get why people expected Dynamite 2.0

me either. I guess its cause some base it off other artists and groups who once they've found what sticks to give them a hit they just continue doing similar songs and concepts. Meanwhile BTS has never really done that for years. All of their CBs are always so different, I mean just last year, the 4 singles we got were all so different (Black Swan -> ON --> Dynamite -> LGO)

• me either. I guess its cause some base it off other artists and groups who once they've found what sticks to give them a hit they just continue doing similar songs and concepts. Meanwhile BTS has never really done that for years. All of their CBs are always so different, I mean just last year, the 4 singles we got were all so different (Black Swan -> ON --> Dynamite -> LGO)

yeah I always trust in them to deliver something different and they never disappoint. Stanning BTS is so fun because we can never predict their next steps and just enjoy the ride ^^

• External Content youtu.be

OMG, REALLY ARMY!!!

:angryr::angryr:

• What I love about most about BTS..

1. The motivation & inspiration they spread with their lyrics.

2. Their creativity, versatility, never seen before concepts & ace them proudly.

It is BTS who can ace any concept, any genre, any choreography. They don't make what ppl want to see, what ppl assume... They create what ppl should see & will fall in love after they see.

• Two teasers and a genre description have been released and I don’t know how to make sense of them. I can’t conclude anything and am wondering if BigHit is returning to their method of putting out teasers that sound nothing like the real song again. :pepe-clown-gear:

I still think the MV is going to be a mix of light and dark concepts!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!