Are there any BTS songs that only BTS can perform?

• Are there any BTS songs that only BTS can perform? – Knetizen

original post: pann

1. [+403, -10] MIC Drop, right? If you look at the lyrics…

2. [+330, -15] For real, Blood Sweat & Tears

3. [+265, -4] I Need U for real… I can feel the danger and despair in their eyes

4. [+120, -0] Only BTS can sing BTS songs…. All of their songs are about themselves, except for a few songs

5. [+120, -0] Baepsae and Dionysusㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ The lyrics and BTS energy are so powerful that only BTS can create it

6. [+111, -1] I think it’s Black Swan, it’s seriously a work of art ㅜㅜㅜㅜ

7. [+97, -9] Blood Sweat & Tears for real.. The choreography is hard to dance, but first, if you want to cover ‘Blood Sweat & Tears’, you need Park Jimin

Personal opinion:

I think pretty much all of bts songs are hard to cover in a way that they are so personal. Like I can't imagine any group performing Black Swan and delivering it the way BTS does. Also bts vocal line and even rap line have very distinctive vocal colors, it's going to be hard replicating them. The best way anyone can cover a bts song is by adding your own color to the performance instead of copying the original concept.

Boredom brought me here.

• Every song that talks about their personal feelings and experiences will be a hard one to cover.

BTS covers will only sound good when the song is rearranged and the lyrics are modified to suit the group covering them.

Yeah. I can't imagine anyone covering WAB: Eternal. The lyrics are too raw and personal.

Boredom brought me here.

• easier to point out songs which others can cover well.

Songs like mic drop, rap heavy or very demanding performance wise like Black swan are definite nos.

And boy with luv is also not the easy song kpop fans like to think it is LOL

• Any rapline songs for obvious reason. Tbh any rap heavy song (like, MIC Drop) would be hard af, cause even when I hear ppl covering not so rap heavy songs they never can deliver properly rap verses (on Hoseok's parts ppl legit sound like quacking).

• Literally all their songs. When it comes to BTS no one can match their energy, presence and charisma to perform and all their distinctive voices make it so hard to cover. They're one of a kind group in every aspect.

Edited once, last by sweetae1 ().

• The list would probably be shorter for the ones I feel can be covered respectably...

This is just a few that I right away was like nobody can get even close to how BTS performs these.

Dionysus

Idol

Black Swan

Mic Drop

Blood, Sweat and Tears

Tell'em Bangtan is dancing on the floorImage result for bts dancing gif fire

• Personally, I have never imagined that BTS choreography is so hard to perform until I saw others doing it and struggling with it. BTS makes it look so easy.

I remember the trainees Hoseok monitored on that show and the iLand's contestants. They all had to perform BTS' songs and had a hard time performing them.

The one song I remember gave them hell was Fake Love. It looks so smooth and easy when BTS is performing it. Turns out it's anything but easy. Kudos to BTS, seriously.

• Literally all their songs. When it comes to BTS no one can match their energy, presence and charisma to perform and all their distinctive voices make it so hard to cover. They're one of a kind group on every aspect.

This.

I don't want to be the annoying stan, but up to today I haven't seen a cover where I've said "wow, that was amazing, better than the original".

I guess this means we're in for their talent and unmatching performance skills :pepelove1:

• I've never seen a bts cover where they get out done so I'll say most to all of them. You'd think it would be easy to cover their brighter songs like butter and bwl but the covers just serve to show how difficult bts songs are. Idol is in a completely different stratosphere.

To add on I've never seen anyone cover a jimin choreo to satisfaction. Especially lie. No one moves like him and it gets obvious when people do his songs.

Edited once, last by nahadoth ().

• Tbh there are very few covers from BTS that I like ( I like Solar's Fire cover, it's the only one I can think of at the top of my head ). It's not a criticism toward these groups, they are very good at their own thing. But if I watch SKZ's Dionysus cover for example, or Ateez's Boy with Luv, I will honestly be thinking how much better BTS is.

Black Swan is the one that popped up first reading the title though.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!