Small companies that wants to debut a group should look at Secret Number.

• Youtube: 1.17 million subscribers

Instagram: 1 million followers

Facebook: 56k likes

Twitter: 171.2k followers

MV views:

Who Dis?: 40 million views, 1.4 million likes/41k dislikes

Got That Boom: 19 million views, 992k likes/22k dislikes

Company: Vine Entertainment(anyone heard of them before?)

Why so high followers and likes? Answer: Dita from Indonesia. If any newly small companies wants attention, they should have at least one member from the big SEA countries like Indonesia, Vietnam and Philippines. Thailand already done it. If SN didn't have Dita, I don't think they would have had those numbers I listed.

Ek59h3sUYAMUavZ.jpg:large

• they missed time for another comeback... hiatus is too long, and Vine is probably struggling to manage to have this 200-300k USD to film new MV, not to mention other costs...

+ they made mistake of making Dita 'close' her personal IG account

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Speaking from experience, many kpop fans here in Indonesia are absolutely willing to stream your song A LOT. But the thing is, most kpop fans that i know are a little unwilling to buy album. You see album price is very expensive here, at least by my standard.

For real a lot of times when I see twitter stuff about Day6 a lot of the tweets were in Indonesian. SEA fans are real dedicated

• Even with those numbers, they still can't make a comeback and are losing fans. They are getting overshadowed by Weeekly, StayC etc who don't have even half of these numbers but sell way more which generates revenue for the company. Even LIGHTSUM outsold them in less than a week. SEA fans don't mean anything unless you're super popular there like BLACKPINK or just a big 3 group.

Small companies in general just need to stop debuting groups if they don't have the funds to support them for at least 2 comebacks.

• Those numbers are a good start, but what are their sales? Shows? Etc.

Besides, I think it's a very slippery slope to have kpop companies choosing people just in the hopes that their native country/region will support the group. That is not always going to be the case. We've seen these marketing stunts fizzle out pretty quickly. And where does it stop? Put lgbt members in? Black members? (again) And others.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see all of them in kpop. But not when a person's identity is being used without any care and then easily discarded when it doesn't work out.

If a small company wants to debut a group they should be putting the work to make the best they can. And that goes on acquiring funds, production, taking care of their employees/idols. Because most often we see groups have basically no support and the company it's just waiting for lighting strike or something.

• I agree with your points others has pointed out here about sales etc. But isn't better and give a debuting group a higher chance to succeed something when they add a nationality that is out of the norm for Kpop? Isn't it better to have some PR noise from certain countries? Than just debuting a group with koreans only or someone from China and Japan and falls out of the radar by the Kpop world.

69408eb16f7410df4f22e8cbc0f20383.gif

Edited once, last by Uni909 ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!