Kpop scandals are exhausting to follow and make sense of

• From inconsistencies in the translations to straight up intentional mistranslations, to fans doing whatever possible to clear their faves name, to anti fans spreading further misinformation to slander idols they hate. It requires hours of reading and dedication to keep up with these scandals and separate what’s true from what’s faked, and ultimately as a non-fan it’s too much work and effort. Every time “new” information comes out about a scandal it’s hard to know if it’s reliable at all, and without a single highly reputable source reporting omegle on these issues in English it’s hard to know who to believe. It’s annoying to see fans jumping so eagerly to tell others that “everything’s been debunked” when there is clearly some grain of truth there, but at the same time some accusations come out of thin air and go viral with next to no evidence.

Honestly as a non-fan it’s exhausting and I genuinely have given up at this point.

• which is why you need to make up your opinion about things...

2 (or more than 2) sides give conflicting opinions based (sometimes on the truth or half truths) and it's up to you sort the facts from fiction

• which is why you need to make up your opinion about things...

2 (or more than 2) sides give conflicting opinions based (sometimes on the truth or half truths) and it's up to you sort the facts from fiction

That's easy to do if, for example, something is filmed and there are multiple takes showing what occurred. Then you can piece out where someone may have made cuts to misrepresent the situation.

It's impossible to do when you're talking about what someone's mental state was a decade ago and you're working through multiple mistranslations to determine if X remembered the situation better than Y.

For those, you're really just left with thinking of what your own values are and whether the "evidence" (flimsy as it is) sways you to one conclusion or another or if you even need to make a decision. There's no sorting out facts from fiction.

let's be friends

e9b8a6c6366aecb3faf71dcc6b4488775b109abb.gif

• From inconsistencies in the translations to straight up intentional mistranslations, to fans doing whatever possible to clear their faves name, to anti fans spreading further misinformation to slander idols they hate. It requires hours of reading and dedication to keep up with these scandals and separate what’s true from what’s faked, and ultimately as a non-fan it’s too much work and effort.

I agree.

• From inconsistencies in the translations to straight up intentional mistranslations, to fans doing whatever possible to clear their faves name, to anti fans spreading further misinformation to slander idols they hate. It requires hours of reading and dedication to keep up with these scandals and separate what’s true from what’s faked, and ultimately as a non-fan it’s too much work and effort. Every time “new” information comes out about a scandal it’s hard to know if it’s reliable at all, and without a single highly reputable source reporting on these issues in English it’s hard to know who to believe. It’s annoying to see fans jumping so eagerly to tell others that “everything’s been debunked” when there is clearly some grain of truth there, but at the same time some accusations come out of thin air and go viral with next to no evidence.

Honestly as a non-fan it’s exhausting and I genuinely have given up at this point.

True

• Unrelated but who are the guys in the gif under ur post :eyes:

They are a Japanese group that win on Produce 101 Japan called JO1!

If you're interested, this is the MV where I make the gif from :pepe-smug:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• If the scandal doesn't apply to any of my bias groups I tend not to be interested as it isn't relevant. Even if it does, I still prefer not to get involved in the politics and scuttlebutt. That side just doesn't appeal to me and kinda detracts from the enjoyment of K pop imo.

• If you spend all your time invested in idol scandals your just gonna waste your time. Half of the time your getting fed info from biased fandoms or news articles, or your fed the common mistranslation that goes around and spreads misinformation.

As a international fan that doesn't speak Korean, it's gonna be pretty hard to understand which side to pick, or if you even want to be on a side. I'm tired of scandals nowadays and it's so draining having to see the way fans behave when their fave gets into scandals. At this point I just mind my business.

✰ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 🌷🌷🌷♡ ♡ ♡🌷🌷🌷 ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✰

c84b43c6d23bf4bc277ebcd8e1c37de5.jpgStory pin image

• That's easy to do if, for example, something is filmed and there are multiple takes showing what occurred. Then you can piece out where someone may have made cuts to misrepresent the situation.

It's impossible to do when you're talking about what someone's mental state was a decade ago and you're working through multiple mistranslations to determine if X remembered the situation better than Y.

For those, you're really just left with thinking of what your own values are and whether the "evidence" (flimsy as it is) sways you to one conclusion or another or if you even need to make a decision. There's no sorting out facts from fiction.

and i completely agree my friend which is why judges irl have a hard job sorting out the evidence to find 'the truth' whatever that is..

it's not easy but you still gotta make uo your own opinions...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!