How can I avoid my girlfriend trying to friendzone me?

• Do you think we will get back together? 6

1. 100% (0) 0%
    2. 80% (0) 0%
    3. 50% (1) 17%
    4. 25% (1) 17%
    5. 10% (0) 0%
    6. 0% (4) 67%
    We've only been together for 2 months and had only 3 dates (due to lockdowns and her study), but chatted a lot online. She attempted to friend zone me on Tuesday because she said that she has too much pressure in her life (from studying a masters degree and pressure from parents) and can't have a boyfriend right now. She was like "We can be really, really good friends! Meet very often, one day I'll take you to my hometown in China and you can see my family. I think we can even continue our relationship again one day". After that, I said "Honestly I'm not interested in being friends. Come back when you're ready to continue our relationship". She said "I'll always be here for you, send me a message whenever you want!" and then mentioned that we should meet after lockdown (in 2 weeks) and make our final decision. I agreed, but said that we shouldn't stay in contact during this time.
    An hour later she was like "Be honest, you hate me right?". I said "I have never hated you even 1%. I just can't be your friend because I have feelings for you. It would be inauthentic and it wouldn't be what I really want". She said "Honestly...now I'm really really sad. But I'll gradually get used to losing contact with you". She said that she still wants to meet after lockdown (in 2 weeks) though.
    She also changed her whatsapp status to "Focusing on study and turning sadness into strength".
    Now, It's been 5 days and we haven't chatted at all. Have I done the right thing? I'm hoping that she will miss me in this time and consider getting back together with me.
  • if she doesn't want a relationship and you do... maybe it's for the best...

find someone for you that you want and who wants you too...

• if she doesn't want a relationship and you do... maybe it's for the best...

find someone for you that you want and who wants you too...

She said that she still has feelings for me and maybe one day we will be back together. "The friendship is probably temporary".

I don't want to be her friend though

• She said that she still has feelings for me and maybe one day we will be back together. "The friendship is probably temporary".

I don't want to be her friend though

but she doesn't want a relationship NOW...the keyword is now...

if you are willing ro wait and see sure go ahead but the fact that you didn't do that straight away and instead said no...should have given you your answer already no?

• If she wants friendship at the moment, but you a relationship, things can get unnecessarily complicated. You might except being friends for now, but after a while you will start to get inpatient and might cause uncomfortable situations.

I think it’s better to let go tho. Like don’t directly jump into the next relationship, but don’t wait either.

If she comes back and you’re still available and want her back too, cool go for it. If not, she missed her chance.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!