My honest assessment of Red Velvet members at their 7 year anniversary v-live

• It’s been a long time since all RV members were together for a live event and able to talk and interact.

Based on the vibe I got from each member, this is how their stance as a group seems like:

Irene - she seemed even more reserved and quieter than usual. In the past she would sometimes scold or play around other members but obviously she made an effort to not do anything to fuel any more outrage regarding her scandal. Overall I think she’s just trying to finish her last 2 years of SM contract peacefully and finally move on from being an idol.

Seulgi - it seems she lost the most ‘bond’ with the rest. Seulgi is always nice and quiet but this time she was even more distant. Irene was living privately, Wendy/Joy have their little clique and Yeri is doing her own thing. Unlike Irene, Seulgi still embraces being an idol but due to circumstances she embraced the solo path rather than clinging to members.

Wendy - the only member that seems to still be fond of the group dynamic. Since she already did her solo I think she realized she’s happier working with others rather than by herself. Very different from Taeyeon.

Joy - I think she’s fine with whatever, group or solo, but likes the emotional support of being with her members, especially Wendy and to a lesser degree Yeri. She may also think her career needs more group activities for now.

Yeri - like Irene and Seulgi, I think she’s also ready to move on. I think she’s fine with her members but her personality isn’t compatible with them and prefers being with her friends who vibe better with her

• godkingteshub

Changed the title of the thread from “My honest assessment of Red Velvet member at their 7 year anniversary v-live” to “My honest assessment of Red Velvet members at their 7 year anniversary v-live”.
  • I don't really get these kinds of character assessments tbh. We don't know what's going on behind the scenes, especially since people (ok usually me) tend to act differently than their real true feelings. It's just natural.

Yes I do see where you are coming from, but SNSD's contract renewal was pretty surprising. Tons of predictions were wrong.

I hope they do what they feel is best for them. I want them to stay as a group, but they've bad a good run and if they don't see themselves been feasibly at SM, then they're probably doing what's best for their future. CSJH lost themselves that way. Ironically, RV has always been the SM group with the most balanced promotions. Between the members, there's always been some sort of effort. Saying this as a Wendy and Yeri stan, it could have been worse.

Well, we'll just wait and see...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!