Music Shows don’t do much for idol groups

• Controversial take but I think these shows don’t do anything for artists except hard physical labour and mental labour. They don’t even earn anything from this. Companies should stop forcing their idols to go on these bazillion shows after few weeks.

I am not sure how much impactful promotions are for artists taking part. Is it worth the long hours of shit artists have to go through?

• BRIYANI

Changed the title of the thread from “Music Shows don’t do anything for artists” to “Music Shows don’t do anything much for idol groups”.
  • BRIYANI

Changed the title of the thread from “Music Shows don’t do anything much for idol groups” to “Music Shows don’t do much for idol groups”.
  • If you need a breakout, or some sort of attention that could change your career, Music Shows are opportunities for some viral moments.

• It can benefit the smaller groups and getting a music show win is pretty much every group's first goal but once you're well established in the industry I don't see the point in going to the same amount of shows as when you started. Imo one or two performances would suffice for larger groups

Ya, also I wish companies take into consideration of what the idol groups want. I feel like Most of them are forced atp to go there by their companies.

• I am not against attending one, but I feel like going for weeks and weeks is detrimental to them and their health

I feel just performing 1 time on all music shows with a good gap would be fine. For example-

1st august- Mubank

4th august- Show Champion

7th august- Inkigayo

I know it will disrupt the way music show manage points for live voting but - less hectic schedule and only 1 appearance per music shows.

• Isn't the main reason for music show appearances for the promo to a wider audience?

We've seen a lot recently where a song's digitals really improve after the group goes on music shows. There can be people watching that don't normally listen to a group's music, but can get a few streams in after seeing the song performed on a music show.

I left my heart in LA again. Please continue taking good care of it.

• It's for promotion

Some of y'all might think it's useless but it's music shows that initially allowed KPOP to get that exposure.

Everyone starts from somewhere. Music shows started way back in 1sr gen where artists promote to get that intial exposure.

It probably isn't as important for established groups but for rookie groups that's literally all they have.

• I don’t think it’s useless, I think it’s more detrimental than beneficial to do constant music shows. Attending music shows is not the problem, making the groups do it for a prolong time is the problem. There is no proper income for the group even after doing hours and hours of labour. This is just for one show, doing multiple means idols are more susceptible to injuries and fatigue. For the sake of their health, I think companies should not make their groups do music shows for prolonged period

• I don’t think it’s useless, I think it’s more detrimental than beneficial to do constant music shows. Attending music shows is not the problem, making the groups do it for a prolong time is the problem. There is no proper income for the group even after doing hours and hours of labour. This is just for one show, doing multiple means idols are more susceptible to injuries and fatigue. For the sake of their health, I think companies should not make their groups do prolong music shows

Prolong yeah I think after a few weeks it kinda defeats the purpose. I think maybe 1 - 2 weeks is good enough.

Other than music shows there isn't really another way or at least I can think of for them to get exposure. If they aren't popular enough they are either just practicing or literally doing nothing. Like really nugu idols literally do nothing some even find side jobs. Like for example Brave Girls literally were doing nothing before they blew up and now they are so busy with multiple appearances and CFs shooting. They went from doing nothing to getting only a few hours of sleep but they rather do it because it beats being nugu

It's a tough life in the idol industry, for every successful group there are 10 more than fail or that we don't even heard of their existence. Imagine poorer companies can't even afford to go on music shows.

They are hoping that somehow they can connect with the listeners to check out their music and pray for a breakthrough

• These really un popular groups I feel are the most common victims to this practice. They have no choice but to attend these shows in hopes of some visibility.

• music show is good but i just dont understand why this music show is like a competition show

everyone aiming to win.. music show is for promoting not music tournament lmao

• music show is good but i just dont understand why this music show is like a competition show

everyone aiming to win.. music show is for promoting not music tournament lmao

They have a trophy and everything so in a way it is a competition of which group and song did well. They are not getting anything other than bare minimum promotion from participating in the show, if u take away the winning aspect , they really have nothing left

• Its definitely beneficial for the small groups. Its not about choice or anything. They need to attend it for a chance of a breakthrough. People say that big groups work hard to be where they are now. Its the same thing, attending all these music shows are them working hard trying to become big. Its not about choice.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!