6 weeks after the release, What do y'all think about EXO's Don't Fight the Feeling?

• Runaway and paradise are the best thing about it. The rest are ok, but better than T-T.

Didnt listen to DFTF after the first few listens. But its an ok song. Rather weak.

• didnt like don't fight the feeling at first and still don't like it... it's joining power down at the bottom of my exo tt ranking lol still have paradise, no matter and runway in the playlist rotation i love all three paradise especially. just as usual is meh to me, i don't get any urge to listen to it.

• It is still a great listen that I personally can listen on repeat for hours. I agree, Just as usual have grown in ways I would have never thought. Runaway still makes me hold my breath when it is about to start. Paradise is as catchy as ever and No matter is a great listen when alone but it loses all momentum stuck between such memorable tracks as Paradise and Runaway.

• I feel like the ensuing weeks only magnified some of my feelings. This feels very much like a summery, feel good album so it’s appropriate for the season.

I loved Paradise then and it’s still in my most listened to.

No matter has really become one of my faves - it’s the perfect driving with the windows down or relaxing after work with a margarita song.

Because I love the other songs so much, it’s only made me dislike Just as Usual more.

I know a lot of people love it but Runaway is up and down for me. I love everything about the song except for the chanted “runaway” - when I love a lot about a song and really dislike something as critical as a chorus, it’s usually on my no list because I’m so frustrated about it. (It bugs me more to really like a song but really dislike a key portion of it than if I just dislike a whole song.) It was growing on me with constant play of the album, but now that I only play my faves, it back to the “eh” for me.

I still like DFTF. Is it a Tempo or a Monster? No, but if I compare it to other special album tt, I like it better than Universe or Miracles in December personally. (I like both of those songs but I like DFTF better.) I don’t like DFTF better than the other two winter tt: For Life and Unfair.

Overall, it’s still a really great album IMO. I think it speaks to the strength of EXO’s discography that the main crux of the criticisms I’ve hear on the album are about how they expected more from EXO - not that they think anything’s bad, just that EXO has set the bar so high. :pepe-smug:

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• I hold EXO to a high standard because for me they have the strongest discography in all of kpop. My expectations were crazy high.

I loved the title track at first listen. Nowadays, I find myself skipping it. It doesn't have the same replay value and it doesn't feel as "special" as their other recent titles Tempo and Obsession. It didn't age very well, imo.

Overall the album is solid, all the tracks are good songs and well executed, as expected. But it doesn't have its own sound like Obsession, DMUTM, Universe and The War had (I'm listing their most Korean releases). It's more like distinct tracks compiled together. It doesn't work, and it won't be remembered as an iconic comeback like Tempo and Obsession were to me.

In hindsight it felt incomplete and disappointing, but it was still nice to see them together and to have more EXO music after all the waiting. But had it been a full album, my opinion would have been different. EPs/special albums are difficult to compare to full length ones.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!