26 performances of bts deleted on youtube? what is bh doing?

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

so, i checked & its true.. i want to give bh the benefit of the doubt and wait (maybe they will still buy the rights),

but i don't understand what they are doing? these performances were gp magnets?

im sure they got some sort of offer to buy them before they were removed/privated

what are you guys' thoughts?

• These performances are taken down (not deleted) per contract if the agency doesn't buy the rights to them. This is true for every artist.

The Original Fallon performances were down for a bit but are now back up.

BH is a business - this is not a defense, it is a fact; if the cost to keep these perfs on Youtube is much more than what they can make from them there's no point even though they're popular among GP. BTS has MANY points of entry for new fans.

This is another BIGHIT IS THE DEEEVILLLL movement - but it's misinformed, BigHit now clearly tries to negotiate the right to post the videos themselves directly as much as possible. Dynamite era perfs are on BangtanTV.

External Content www.youtube.com

I think the freakout is ridiculous, it's always the same accounts stirring this up, and the increased Enraged Sheep characteristic of ARMy is concerning. We're becoming extremely easily manipulated lately.

• exactly, people should just calm down and stop being so angry over every little thing that takes some time.

• This is incredibly careless of Big Hit cause many new Armys are created through these videos. Hopefully trending or mailing by fans will help resolve this.

I still miss the SNL performances and now to see the legendary Black Swan suffer the same fate is just sad.

• that's why i said that i want to give them the benefit of the doubt, maybe they will still buy it (but im slightly on the fence about it, this happened with black swan before & while i don't really know why it went back up, i don't think it was bc of bh buying the rights)

also, although some people are going straight to attacking bh, there's nothing wrong in questioning what's happening. these were important & precious performances

• I can’t at people defending this. BH can afford to buy the rights. Them not buying BTS video but happily buying other things does not sit right with me and shouldn’t for Armys.

maybe YG can help now :pepe-peek:

• exactly, people should just calm down and stop being so angry over every little thing that takes some time.

Yeah, it's really fascinating to watch - as BTS becomes more untouchable the obsessed attacking of BigHit just gets louder and louder. Fans of any other group or act (western or kpop) deal with much worse business decisions, but the acceptance somehow that BH is somehow sabotaging Bangan is crazy when we have endless proof of the opposite.

So interesting that their perceived weak point is their company, curious how this is going to play out as the complaining and freakouts get louder. I just wish ARMY would stop literally playing into the hands of antis and doing exactly what they want.

• Yeah, it's really fascinating to watch - as BTS becomes more untouchable the obsessed attacking of BigHit just gets louder and louder. Fans of any other group or act (western or kpop) deal with much worse business decisions, but the acceptance somehow that BH is somehow sabotaging Bangan is crazy when we have endless proof of the opposite.

So interesting that their perceived weak point is their company, curious how this is going to play out as the complaining and freakouts get louder. I just wish ARMY would stop literally playing into the hands of antis and doing exactly what they want.

True, also it is often a first time for bighit and they had almost no experience in the foreign market. What do fans expect? Suddenly a perfect execution? If big companies like SM, JYP or YG have not been able to do certain things without any problems Big Hit won’t be to do it either and that is natural. I am all for criticism but some stans are basically tone deaf when it is about economics or basic management and demand incredible things. Bighit is still a big company that is quite new in the business (Big 4). I wish some people would give them the benefit of doubt a little bit more instead of this hysterical mass hating when something goes not smoothly

• I can’t at people defending this. BH can afford to buy the rights. Them not buying BTS video but happily buying other things does not sit right with me and shouldn’t for Armys.

Mmm see this is the issue; a few performances not being available is not a moral imperative. I love those perfs, and will miss them, but this happens. BTS is the biggest group in the world. I don't exactly have the sense they're 'undersupported' by their company.

"Shouldn't for ARMY" - why should everyone feel the same way? As I mentioned - which no one acknowledges - is that lately BigHit has clearly made more favorable contracts so they can keep perfs on their own channel. This is smart and more cost effective.

Be upset, that's your right and everyone's right. Those perfs are fantastic.

The issue is turning a "DAMN IT it sucks those are gone BH get them back up!" - a solid opinion - into "BH DOESn"T SPEND ENUFF MONEY ON BTS" which is demonstrably false.

This crusade for how horrible BH is literally pushing the agenda of those wanting to take BTS and BH down - agreeing that the agency *Our faves constantly tell us they are happy at and love* is evil and not doing right by Bangtan.

That is messed up. There's criticizing a decision and there's ignoring reality to yell that somehow BigHit is the Worst.

Noooooo 😭😭😭

• I just really hope we get that Black Swan performance back. Not only did it have 50M+ views. But it was their first performance of black swan and also their last performance in front of a live crowd for a while. Its a extremely special performance. Hopefully BH will buy the rights back like they did with the old Jimmy Fallon 2018 performances that are back up. However it does seem like in the second half of 2020 they started to upload performances on Bangtan TV like how their 2nd 2020 James corden appearance is on Bangtan TV

• All I see is BH continuously gate keeping BTS.

Bangtan TV needs BTS MVs not BH labels MVs

BTS need shows on GP platforms not Weverse or cinemas. It’s is army that’s taken them this far not BH.

• that's why i said that i want to give them the benefit of the doubt, maybe they will still buy it (but im slightly on the fence about it, this happened with black swan before & while i don't really know why it went back up, i don't think it was bc of bh buying the rights)

also, although some people are going straight to attacking bh, there's nothing wrong in questioning what's happening. these were important & precious performances

Agreed - companies should always, always be criticized. They're ultimately there to make money, and in that pursuit often dumb decisions are made.

I'm not happy about this, I love those perfs. I REALLY miss the SNL ones. I have them in my drive but it's not the same as being able to watch at any time.

My problem is with how easily "BigHit needs to buy those damn rights, these perfs are classics that new fans need to see and are our comfort" (true) turns into "BH is evil" and "If you are not upset you are a company stan, they don't spend enough money on BTS!!!" (they spend so much more money on BTS than anyone else, it isn't even funny).

The amount of ARMY I saw defending and spreading the false business info about the Naver/YG/BH deal was really weird, and I think ppl are successfully piggybacking on that emotion to turn this into another issue and leaping from the facts and opinions to another minor reason blown up to why BH is terrible. Point this out and it's cruel attacks and "COMPANY STAN!" yelling that destroys a conversation.

Many ARMY are becoming our own antis.

I am so emo ;(

• All I see is BH continuously gate keeping BTS.

Bangtan TV needs BTS MVs not BH labels MVs

BTS need shows on GP platforms not Weverse or cinemas. It’s is army that’s taken them this far not BH.

So you're absolutely certain this is gatekeeping (specifically limiting access to something, throttling BTS's exposure purposefully) as opposed to simply "the fees to buy these performances is too high"? Words matter, and what you're suggesting is that BH is purposefully hamstringing BTS by taking down perfs.

This makes utterly no sense, since BTS is still 85% of their total business. Whatever reason would they have to gatekeep them?

"BangtanTV needs BTS MVs not BH labels MVs" what does that mean? All I see is BTS content. How are you defining MVs? Don't understand.

BTS is what's taken them this far. BH has supported them, formed them, and helped them grow. The anti-BH talking point of "How dare you give any credit of BTS's success to BH!" is supremely immature.

I give credit to BH for helping BTS's success because BTS Give Credit to BigHit for Assisting in their Success. Again and Again. No more, no less. I listen to Bangtan, not some anti-BH obsessed accounts on Twitter who ignore the boys themselves because they're too into the hate boner against the company.

I trust in BTS, pure and simple. I wish more ARMY would do the same.

• Most artist label buy the performance rights and upload them to their offical channel.. so there is no excuse for BIgHit there.. especially after years of this happening, just like how there’s no excuse for them to not have BTS certifications updated!

But like the info that’s already out there.. performance aren’t deleted just privated and the rights can always be obtained.. but many artist don’t don’t buy their performance rights.. Beyoncé being one of them! 90% of her offical performances have been uploaded via 3rd party.. Armys will just have to do the same!

• The exact reason why I am here in AKP was I can't take some Twitter stans. So I tried to find a forum where I can get info from other Armys without too much drama.

Don't get me wrong, I commend them for promoting BTS but I only follow a few drama free stan account.

Sometimes I just face palm with the way some Armys behave in Twitter. They tend to be overdramatic and make things bigger than what they actually are.

• No I agree though about BTS offical music videos should be uploaded to BangtanTV just like how I feel txt videos should be uploaded to their accounts.

I’ve alwaay thought it was weird how labels just dump all their artist under one channel.

• well, i guess we can't do anything but just wait & see what's gonna happen.

maybe they will be back before we know it?

i really hope it bc those weren't just very precious to army, they were genuinely important to attract new fans.

yes, army is big, but attracting gp is only positive.

for example; we will have more support next time we want to give the boys a #1 on the hot100 with a korean song

• maybe YG can help now :pepe-peek:

• The exact reason why I am here in AKP was I can't take some Twitter stans. So I tried to find a forum where I can get info from other Armys without too much drama.

Don't get me wrong, I commend them for promoting BTS but I only follow a few drama free stan account.

Sometimes I just face palm with the way some Armys behave in Twitter. They tend to be overdramatic and make things bigger than what they actually are.

Yeah, it's frustrating - I want these perfs back really badly too, and am all for rattling BH's cage about it. But this has happened so many times before and in the past ARMY was like "Well, damn it, WRITE BH!!!" And that's what we did. We made our voices known.

Now it's just lots of screaming and insane drama and turns the fandom into chaos. Twitter has been VERY unfun the last week, and I don't think ARMY understand that this is 100% exactly what antis and solos want.

• So you're absolutely certain this is gatekeeping (specifically limiting access to something, throttling BTS's exposure purposefully) as opposed to simply "the fees to buy these performances is too high"? Words matter, and what you're suggesting is that BH is purposefully hamstringing BTS by taking down perfs.

If BH is able to shell out billions on their company buying spree then I'm sure they can afford to buy those performances.

not all performance

ktl performance on corden was deleted too

• If BH is able to shell out billions on their company buying spree then I'm sure they can afford to buy those performances.

That's not how business works.

Notice how the Naver/YG/BH stock exchange had words like 'investment' and 'exchange'. Money was moved around, and these sorts of investments are often funded by various other investments.

BigHit - like any responsible company - probably has a budget for licensing fees. As things are tight in revenue compared to last year and their growth (no live performances has been a HUGE hit), I'm guessing they watch those budgets closely.

I want them back and think we should let BH know this. Maybe they'll rattle a few bucks loose from elsewhere if the fandom says it's important as has happened in the past.

But to say that a huge business deal that will make their key platform competitive with the Very Big Players they're competing with (KakaoM, CJ ENM) and probably save them in the long-term is the same as licensing some vids that they make .0000002 cents off of each view are somehow in the same ballpark is the falsest equivalency of false equivalencies.

• bighit buying companies left and right with bts money but cant buy bts performances and certifications? :clown::clown:

i hope they buy the rights of these and upload it on bangtantv. and the certifications!! those are amazing achievements but they ignore it smh

• while i agree we should wait & see before blaming anyone, i don't really understand why you are so defensive about this?

i don't want to put words in sameera's mouth, but i don't think she meant that bh is gatekeeping them with evil intentions.

the gatekeeping is just an expected consequence of some of their actions;

for example: them creating weverse & putting pretty much everything on it (online concerts, documentaries, run! bts, bon voyage,..) instead on some more accesible platform (youtube, netflix) like other acts do, is actually gatekeeping them from potential new fans. while this method is probably more profitable for them, a lot of gp & newer fans don't know about weverse/how it works. im not saying they are monsters for doing this or anything, but it does limit the potential reach bts could have had.

also, putting bts' mv on their own channel seems just logical?

edit: on bts' channel i meant

edit 2; bh has more than enough money to buy these rights (and the certifications), there might be another reason why they wont, but it's not the lack of money (some of these certifications are from way before the pandemic)

Edited 3 times, last by troye22 ().

• Yeah, it's frustrating - I want these perfs back really badly too, and am all for rattling BH's cage about it. But this has happened so many times before and in the past ARMY was like "Well, damn it, WRITE BH!!!" And that's what we did. We made our voices known.

Now it's just lots of screaming and insane drama and turns the fandom into chaos. Twitter has been VERY unfun the last week, and I don't think ARMY understand that this is 100% exactly what antis and solos want.

When the news about BH and YG trended, I have to log out from Twitter and come here in AKP to get some sensible info. Some were having a fight about who will benefit the most and act like having a mental breakdown as if that news will affect BTS negatively.

I don't care about BH, and as you said "I want these perfs back really badly too" but the chaos was too much it's tiring. w8ZHOuM.gif

• bighit buying companies left and right with bts money but cant buy bts performances and certifications? :clown::clown:

i hope they buy the rights of these and upload it on bangtantv. and the certifications!! those are amazing achievements but they ignore it smh

It’s not like a budget exists and that a pandemic happened or that maybe a company has different people making different decisions. :/

Also the company acquisition must have been planned for more than 7 months or more. That comparison makes no sense at all

• Oh please If they can do all those big investments then they sure can afford it. I'm not only talking about the new investment but all those other companies they bought in the past.

• This thread contains 88 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!