3. Europe (2) 13%
    4. Asia (except of South Korea) (5) 31%
    5. North America (except of USA) (0) 0%
    6. Central America (0) 0%
    7. South America (0) 0%
    8. Africa (0) 0%
    9. ok, Australia too (1) 6%

Hey everyone!

Sorry if I'm asking in the wrong place, but I'll try my luck. For my term paper, I chose a topic called "The Impact of KPop on Youth in Korea and the World." I found some articles like this or that. But I need more data as well as some help from you in this research.

I noticed that this forum is in English and I would like to find out where the population of the forum comes from (I'll try to attach an anonymous poll).

Other questions: How does KPop affect your life? (what has changed since you discovered KPop, what are the pros/cons?).

Why did you become interested in Korean music/culture? How did it happen? :/

I would appreciate any help :)

• How does KPop affect your life? (what has changed since you discovered KPop, what are the pros/cons?).

• I discovered Kpop through World's Kpop Cover Dance contest. My friends and I participated in it. EXO got me into Kpop around 2016. Initially, I started getting addicted to Kpop. I went into real Koreaboo mode and didn't even realize it. I tried to learn the language as well. But when I balanced myself and got back into reality I became much more eager for new music and lyrics.

• Cons

As mentioned earlier, it becomes addictive to a certain amount that a person can't distinguish between reality and dream. I literally dreamt of debuting in my fav's company lol. It has a certain amount of toxicity.

• Pros

Honestly, I can't find any solid pros for Kpop that helped me shape my life. But to write a few would be - Kpop encourages me to learn choreos and do something about my unfit self lol. I have many memories embedded with some Kpop Songs and thus they are really special to me.

Why did you become interested in Korean music/culture? How did it happen?

After hearing EXO Wolf for the first time, it was difficult for me to not think about the chorus 24/7. I couldn't stop myself from singing that song lol. I love visuals and by visual I don't mean Irene, Tzuyu,etc but things like MVs, Movies, Animated Books, 3D, etc. In a day I watched all Korean and Chinese versions of EXO MVs and watched introductory videos and meme videos of them.

For Korean Culture I would say that I am not that familiar with it. I just love the social content that they provide- mukbangs, cafe vlogs, variety, etc. Also, I love the fashion and beauty trends there.

• Through K-pop, I feel like I've been able to better appreciate cultures different from my own. I'd probably never know about Korean culture if it wasn't for K-pop.

The music is amazing, and so are many of the idols. The content also tends to be super enjoyable and creative in my opinion.

The cons are definitely the toxicity of many online communities, especially Twitter. You can get bashed for liking certain groups on there and some people take things way too far.

I got into K-pop through Vkei. I really liked the fanservice in Vkei, and one day, a fancam of Shinee's Jonghyun and Taemin was recommended to me because it was really similar to the fanservice in Vkei. This was in 2012. Through this fancam, I discovered Shinee, and that's basically how I got hooked on K-pop.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!