Post clips of K-pop idols playing musical instruments!

• I was thinking the other day that I really miss having Kpop idol bands. Day6 is about the only active one left (FTisland and CNBLUE are laying low, and AOA Black died an early death. Wonder Girls disbanded.) I wanna see more Kpop idols playing musical instruments again! (And yes, I know there are instrumentalists in other genres of music, especially rock... but I specifically want to see K-pop idols who were trained to sing and dance primarily also play musical instruments.)

So, please post clips of your favourite Kpop idols playing musical instruments! Preferably 3rd-gen or later (I know the 2nd-gen has several capable musicians). Doesn't have to be official performances, can be behind-the-scenes or variety show stuff as well. I just want to know that musicianship is alive and well in Kpop, and not just in vocals or dance alone. I'll start off with three of my favourites:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• External Content www.youtube.com

As expected of the daughter of a piano teacher. :-) Juhyun does her mother proud.

• Fromis_9. Not the best. But they can play.

External Content youtu.be

• and this

• These 3 are former band members

Hueningkai

External Content twitter.com

Soobin

Beomgyu

I want more Seventeen band :peperain:

Also Jooheon drums!

• External Content youtu.be

I think this will do it.

I love Pikachu.

Always have, Always will.

"Pika-Pi"

I want more Seventeen band :peperain:

Who was the lead guitarist who was playing the electric guitar?! He was really good, especially at the end. Was he part of Seventeen band too, or did they bring in a session musician for that?

• External Content youtu.be

External Content youtu.be

dbed960a80097dc7d9eac973b7be5f732ec99c98.gifv  1f251c53cf32e8a39ff30f639687b517129b0205.gifv  8ce6cd0f2729463446ccbc09563cc6ad65a72d09.gifv

• Who was the lead guitarist who was playing the electric guitar?! He was really good, especially at the end. Was he part of Seventeen band too, or did they bring in a session musician for that?

I'm embarrassingly bad with instruments and telling what's coming from where :cryingr:

The long hair is Jeonghan and the other is Joshua but there's also a non member on the far right

• I'm embarrassingly bad with instruments and telling what's coming from where :cryingr:

The long hair is Jeonghan and the other is Joshua but there's also a non member on the far right

Ah. Jeonghan was playing bass, and Joshua was playing rhythm guitar (he was strumming in a set pattern). The other non-member must have been the lead guitarist (plucking all the fancy electric guitar riffs). Still, Seventeen band did a great job.

• External Content twitter.com

and this

It would be interesting if one day we complete the entire set of Chinese classical instruments. :-) Maybe find an erhu player and a dizi player too. Then maybe guqin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!