sorry to burst your bubbles company stans (in conclusion yall 🤡) (aka get owned by facts and logic)

• BIGHIT did not "buy" YG....they have INVESTED.....INVESTED......money into YG....meaning (for all you dumb folks out here stating that bighit bought yg) bighit has put in money in yg ($63 million to be exact) with an expectation of receiving a profit. They didn't acquire anything.

Now, this will give 17.9% of stakes of YGPLUS to BIGHIT. YGPLUS is responsible for sports facilities, cosmetics line, merch distribution, advertising, and merchandising. BIGHIT most likely had another company do their merch for them which probably cost them a lot. YG is one of the few companies that manufactures and distributes it's own merch.

Also, articles state that the weverse deal is with ygplus acts.....and the only "acts" under ygplus are ygkplus acts, meaning only models and fashion industry professionals......DONT BE SURPRISED IF YOU DONT SEE YG ACTS ON WEVERSE

IN CONCLUSION COMPANY STANS ARE DUMB.....THIS DEAL IS FOR THE BENEFIT OF BOTH COMPANIES.....DONT TALK ABOUT BUSINESS WHEN YOU KNOW NOTHING CUZ IT MAKES YOU LOOK STUPID.....AND BIGHIT DID NOT BUY YG....K IM OVER THIS GOODBYE

sources: https://variety.com/2021/biz/a…est-in-yg-1234893216/amp/

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/01/27/yg-plus-artists/?amp

http://www.ygplus.com/about/

• There is a second article which says YG acts, not just YG+.

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/609/0000392821

With this alliance, YG will expand and expand its artist global membership-related business through Big Hit's Weverse. It is possible for YG artists with excellent competitiveness to actively target the global market.

Big Hit plans to expand the global influence of Weverse by expanding YG's artist contents. In addition, YG plans to steadily build innovative models that can provide new experiences to fans by cooperating with YG PLUS in the distribution and MD business of Big Hit artists.

• Nobody in all kpop stated it like that lol. Go rant this nonsense somewhere toxic

• There is a second article which says YG acts, not just YG+.

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/609/0000392821

Hmmm interesting.....the articles I found said only ygplus acts....I'll look into it....that's why I added my "dont be surprised" cuz a lot of articles had conflicting statements....on a personal note, I dont think a lot of fans would be interested in the weverse aspect considering ig and YouTube are free

• YGPlus will be the distributor for albums and merch for Big Hit. That was stated in articles by Big Hit officials who clearly stated YGPlus' distribution network is powerful.

YGPlus does distribution for YGE. YGPlus also signed an agreement last year with THEBLACKLABEL. They also have agreements with other labels such as Katie Kim's label, Axis, which is owned by a former YG Creative director.

YGE has a 38% stake in YGPlus, Yang Hyun Suk and YG's brother Yang Minsuk each own about and 15% stake in YGPlus. G-Dragon and Taeyang also have large stakes in YGPlus. BH and its subsidiary will have about a 17% stake. So BH has a small place at the YGPlus table.

Also, YGPlus does more than distribution, they have clothing, cosmetics, YG Foods, they own VIBE with Naver, the modeling roster and Ad sales.

When people buy Big Hit albums there will be a YGPlus logo on it. YGPlus will also appear next to Big Hit albums on Gaon.

So if you buy a Big Hit album or merchandise, part of the sales is going to YGPlus.

All YG artists including Somi under TBL are technically under YG + because that's who distributes their music. The article states that artist apart of YG + will join and YGK + only has models so I doubt they're talking about them.

No they aren't. YG artists are under YG. YGPlus has agreements with YG, TBL, AXIS and now Big Hit for album and merch distribution.

TBL is a subsidiary of YG.

4489-fb-img-1611770595745-jpg

YG Family

1080x360

*Disclaimer I don't read responses to my posts unless I've replied to you before. If that offends you BLOCK ME. It's not my job to police your feelings.

• All YG artists including Somi under TBL are technically under YG + because that's who distributes their music. The article states that artist apart of YG + will join and YGK + only has models so I doubt they're talking about them.

TBL is only involved in the production of blackpinks music. They are not involved in their distribution. Somi and loren are the only current active acts in tbl that are also managed by tbl....the rest are under and managed by yg including blackpink

• DONT BE SURPRISED IF YOU DONT SEE YG ACTS ON WEVERSE

I think the goal of this deal is to make Weverse + VLive an integrated fan platform. This cuts out the social network company middlemen (for YG and BH) and it makes targeted advertising easier.

For example, Weverse will likely have a 'front page' for each artist that has a feed for all activities (e.g. news, fan events, VLives, artist posts, etc.). Whenever you connect through that artist's front page they know you stan that artist so you will get targeted ads selling that artist's albums and merch (from YGPlus). BH will get a cut from those sales because they own Weverse, and YG will get a cut because the distribution is handled by YGPlus.

The Five Horsemen Of The Apocalypse
    BP2.jpg Very-Very-Very-Smaller.gif BP1.jpg

• I think the goal of this deal is to make Weverse + VLive an integrated fan platform. This cuts out the social network company middlemen (for YG and BH) and it makes targeted advertising easier.

For example, Weverse will likely have a 'front page' for each artist that has a feed for all activities (e.g. news, fan events, VLives, artist posts, etc.). Whenever you connect through that artist's front page they know you stan that artist so you will get targeted ads selling that artist's albums and merch (from YGPlus). BH will get a cut from those sales because they own Weverse, and YG will get a cut because the distribution is handled by YGPlus.

This makes the most sense

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!