I don't get why people say HYLT is like KTL or D4

• D4 and KTL have very aggressive JenLisa rap while HYLT have very gentle vocals at the beginning and even in middle of the song. We are not having single rap part before first chorus and first chorus come lot sooner in HYLT. Only rap part in HYLT is that Lisas part in middle of the song. Imo song is totally different from d4 or ktl. Or it is because it have catchy aggressive chorus? But with that logic d4 should be Boombayah 2.0 KTL 3.0 and HYLT 4.0?

• kirishiki

Changed the title of the thread from “I don't get why peoplesay HYLT is like KTL or D4” to “I don't get why people say HYLT is like KTL or D4”.
  • Similarities in structure

Jennie starting the song with some singing, the vocal highlight of the song being the pre chorus building up to the title lyric in the song, a beat drop followed by the filler words (rum pa pum, bada bing bada boom, ah yeah ah yeah etc.)

And some musical elements like the horns (excluding D4)

But they aren't the same song still and it works as a signature style, so if it aint broke don't fix it :thumbup:

• I don't see the similarity in any of their songs tbh. They go to the same concept for sure, buuuuut this doesn't mean that one is the copy of the other. Just going to a similar sound which brought them to a higher level.

About Jennie always opening the song, she isn't the only one in kpop doing it. Some groups have this one member always starting the song.

• Ah ok, I did not know. I have not listened to many BB songs, to be honest.

If you look at this 2:40 it is very similar what KTL have in the end. Music totally stopped and it build new hype and become like new song.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• hylt ktl and d4 are afterall similar. Only bp fans say they aren't . To normal people ,they are similar.

Actually just kpop "fans" thinks like this. I watched some reactions videos on YouTube with people "discovering" BP "normal people" you know, and overall they don't talk about similarities as of a copy, they talk about a concept that BP is following, but then again, a concept that is explored so no, just some kpop fans who have this thing.

• Actually just kpop "fans" thinks like this. I watched some reactions videos on YouTube with people "discovering" BP "normal people" you know, and overall they don't talk about similarities as of a copy, they talk about a concept that BP is following, but then again, a concept that is explored so no, just some kpop fans who have this thing.

The op actually asked for kpop fans opinion though? Otherwise she wouldn't post it in a KPOP forum.

:confused:

• i honestly agree, the songs structures maybe similar but the vibes for me and the vocals are totally different. some kpop stans came at me cause i thought they weren't similar and didn't even tell me why they thought it was similar lol

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• External Content www.youtube.com

you thought you did something uh? Kkkkk 2x (41).gif2x (41).gif2x (41).gif2x (41).gif2x (41).gif2x (41).gif2x (41).gif2x (41).gif

• Similarities in structure

Jennie starting the song with some singing, the vocal highlight of the song being the pre chorus building up to the title lyric in the song, a beat drop followed by the filler words (rum pa pum, bada bing bada boom, ah yeah ah yeah etc.)

And some musical elements like the horns (excluding D4)

But they aren't the same song still and it works as a signature style, so if it aint broke don't fix it :thumbup:

Honestly though, HYLT completely switches up the formula of D4 and KTL, even down to the line distribution, instrumental (mainly the verses, pre-chorus and chorus bassline) and the way those filler words are used. I can see the arguments for D4 and KTL, but I feel like HYLT is really different.

"Bunch of wannabes that wanna be me, me three if I was you"

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!