I don't get the idea why fans say "X song did not deserve Y success"

• Every time new popular song is released

"BTS deserved their success, but not with Dynamite, their previous songs are better!"

"Blackpink deserved their success, but not with HYLT, their previous songs are better!"

But do you notice the fact, people that like these songs are not kpop fans, but people who are used to listen western music. If you put songs like Blackswan or Whistle to them, they may not like the song at all, because they are not used to listen Kpop. Song need to be catchy and easily hook into it. Song itself do not need to be absolutely masterpiece. It just need to satisfy large mass of people to be popular.

• It’s all about musical preferences.

I don’t get it either why some people think that it’s okay to judge those who like/love the songs they hate. They act as if they are superior. Is it really hard to understand that people have different tastes?

• I will say that the BTS argument makes sense tho. Majority of us listened to BTS in korean and started liking them that way. Their artistry works better imo through korean because they are so familiar. Not to mention Dynamite didn't showcase their rapping skills at all.

I don't get why anybody who is amazed by the music BTS can produce would want their most popular/breakout song in the West to showcase them in a minimal way.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!