I don’t understand until now (TWICE)

• Why they still not doing solo projects does jyp have mind at all? Rv and bp always in brand reputation cuz of the help of solo gig this will be a big step up for them too. They’re old and not rookies anymore to keep releasing album they just need 3 albums in 1 year with solo projects.

Imagine giving them dramas/ solo song etc it will help their brand more I still don’t understand until now they can be bigger and plus individually it will help them… they’re all visually talented and until now jyp don’t know how to utilize it even in itzy they can be bigger but there’s a big wall

• Maybe they don't want to do solos?

My guess is this.

Sana released a solo song in Japan so it's not like JYP isn't letting them at this point. I honestly feel like the girls are content with promoting as a group in music.

~ ω

• Sigh... look, have you actually done any research into this? Or are you just basing your opinion off hearsay you found on Twitter and the bandwagon opinion there?

For example, did you know that Jihyo had a mini solo concert back in 2017? (See 1, 2) An entire five-song mini concert, where she was the sole focus, as TWICE's main vocalist.

At the very least, if you want to question the company's promotional strategies, I expect you to count the number of Melody Projects and more recently the Performance Projects that the various TWICE members have had over the last five years. And then do a comparison against the number of cover songs that Blackpink or Red Velvet members have had released.

And if you want to talk about brand reputation, at least track the number of endorsements / CFs that TWICE have had. If you want, you can compare them to Blackpink or Red Velvet to try and find an answer. Go ahead. Do share your findings with us.

Yes. I am giving you homework. But hopefully it would make you into a more productive fan, with some stronger critical thinking skills, rather than someone who just doesn't know and spends all of their time wondering why without much answers.

• just mark this as the best answer already OP

• Exactly! Just because their solo activities don't match the general definition of solo activities, doesn't make them any less real.

I left my heart in LA again. Please continue taking good care of it.

• its not baseless or stupid when Twice said it themselves when people asked about their solo project

There are so many examples of managing group and solo promotions (real promotions) that the idea of "focusing on group promotions" is laughable. Or are you implying that they were forsed to do the solo projects so far?

• This will always come down to money.

Twice are past the point where JYPE need or want them to have solo careers.

People can feed the line of the members don't want but a 9 member group is never going to be that hive minded and they know a majority off fans still want OT9 or nothing so it will be parroted. Melody/performance/whatever projects will never be anything more than something within the comfort of fandom content.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!