Dreamcatcher new song was a little bit underwhelming

• Don't get me wrong the song was good but comparing it to Boca it falls pretty flat like there is no particular part that stood out to me, but the music video was really amazing you can see that happyface is putting a lot of efforts and money in the group's comeback, the styling was nice, the dance was good as well as the mv detecting was good as well over all i give this comeback a 7/10 hopefully next time they'll comeback with a banger.

Screenshot_2021-01-27-00-34-39-32.jpg

Screenshot_2021-01-27-00-32-22-21.jpg

Screenshot_2021-01-27-00-30-49-18.jpg

• They set the bar very high quality wise last year. But this comeback is still good enough for them grow and gain more success than they did last year :)

• I don't think it is of lesser quality compared to Boca and Scream, but I think it makes a difference that the rap is a chill tempo and wasn't really aggressive. I feel like Dami and her rap is usually the show stopper and stan attractor. Also there is no crazy Siyeon high note. So yes I can understand why it may not feel as exciting to some folk.

The crazy and addictive pre-chorus with the strange haunting rising vocal thing in the back (if you listen to the instrumental you will see what I mean) alone was enough for me to catapult it into my faves. Not to mention the riff and the way they say "odd" I love it equally with Boca and Scream.

7hytR1B.jpg EhjJqBr.jpg

[DREAMCATCHER * PIXY * (G)I-DLE * EVERGLOW * BILLLIE]

• this post is funny to be because i see the situation as completely opposite! i think this comeback is miles above boca in terms of styling and song composition, not to mention how great this mv is. i think this song is the first that really allows gahyeon and handong to shine vocally, and i guess maybe i just prefer a song with a vocalized chorus but im glad they are challenging themselves with vocal heavy title tracks instead of just one phrase repeated over a beat drop, which dreamcatcher has done in the past and is a trend in kpop since 2017. overall odd eye has made me interested in dreamcatcher again and i think its great

• I think this is their best song out of their past 3 or so songs, it is not my fave by any means and I'm more of a fan of their songs at debut and don't really like their most recent releases, but this song is better than the previous few.

peaking...

• Odd Eye is still extremely good song and I think it is nice to have more diverse music. Every Dreamcatcher song have totally different vibe and experience. Still every single track is masterpiece! That's why they are so unique.

I think Boca was better too in general because rap slap so hard on it and bridge on it is probably the best thing I have ever heard on kpop.

These last 40 seconds are so fucking epic!

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Dreamcatcher's concept is just too limiting. This song as well as most of their other titles just dont have a sizable audience to market to. Goth/fantasy metal sung in Korean with Kpop choreo is not trendy obviously. And this opinion is coming from someone like me who lives and breathes old school rock (70s-80s).

I loved Scream. But i wanted to see them evolve into a more appealing form of rock/metal, for example, if they started fusing Kpop with the sounds of these 80s female rock legends, i think i could really stan them.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I think Odd Eye is their very best title track. Everything about it just works. As stated above BOCA and Scream had explosive rap and high notes to attract people, those parts were the "main dish". This time it feels like the whole song is the main dish. No need for extra hard rap or high notes. BOCA was underwhelming for me as verse and chorus felt really detached. Odd Eyes hooks me from the very start till the very end. A complete, uniform song.

• this post is funny to be because i see the situation as completely opposite! i think this comeback is miles above boca in terms of styling and song composition, not to mention how great this mv is. i think this song is the first that really allows gahyeon and handong to shine vocally, and i guess maybe i just prefer a song with a vocalized chorus but im glad they are challenging themselves with vocal heavy title tracks instead of just one phrase repeated over a beat drop, which dreamcatcher has done in the past and is a trend in kpop since 2017. overall odd eye has made me interested in dreamcatcher again and i think its great

Yeah quality wise i think it's the best mv they released so far it's really good but the music isn't as good as their other songs but it's just my

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!