Question for the employed people of AKP

• I'm a high school student and I'm having my first job interview on Saturday, do you have any advice for how I should prepare or what I should do for the interview?

For reference: It's a casual cafe/smoothie place located downtown, and the woman who called me back about scheduling an interview seemed pretty friendly.

• Well I definitely ain't wearing makeup. If people are only gonna hire me for beauty then I'd rather not have that job.

Then you are never going to get hired and be able to make money and afford things you like. They all care about appearance.

• Well I hate makeup so I ain't wearing it. Plus, do they do that for Doctors?

Yes everywhere.. appearance is always a big plus, So taking care and improving your appearance will give you a better advantage. in most cases it's even more important than skills, especially with customer service and marketing jobs.

• You don’t have to be employed to know about job interviews. I’ve had plenty. Just be confident and keen about the job, Ask questions. Dress appropriately, arrive on time, smile. Stay positive and tell interviewer what you like about the job, try not to be nervous. These are the main ones I’ve been told and used. Good luck!

• In Germany people say the worst you can do is at the end when you get asked if you may have any questions to say "I don't have anything to ask right now".

You should be prepaired with questions like:

• At wich time do you start and at what time to you finish every day
    • How many breaks do you get during your work
    • How many people will work with you
    • If you are unsure about it you can also ask if business travles or working in the other buildings the company owns are included in your job or if you work in the building you aplied for
    • If there are chances to work there for multiple years if you know that the job maybe hires you for just 1-2 years

Or whatever you have in your mind

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• Thank you so much for this detailed response, I managed to do most of these things at the interview, although I struggled a bit with listing my weaknesses (I just said that sometimes I'm a slow worker but it's usually because I try my best to do a quality job). My mother was with me and it was a rather casual interview (they just pulled up a chair at one of the tables and took out some notebook paper), so she helped me with coming up with questions regarding the work schedule and job duties. The employer said they would contact me soon, so for now I'm just waiting for a response back. In case I don't hear back from them, it's always good to have backup options so I'm planning on applying to some other places as well.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!