YGngg won't come soon.... [indirectly confirmed]

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

4th Q???? Really?? What about the magical month august???

I hope you all can feel my tears through the lines.

YG i hate you. I have to wait for BP and Baemon for so long???

I guess Stayc and Aespa play a role in why they will debut so late (apparently).

• YGNGG is 2nd half of the year, they could debut in just over a month in theory. They probably won't closely overlap YGNGG debut with Lisa's debut or BLACKPINK's comeback. So I'd say August or September would be most likely for them.

"Bunch of wannabes that wanna be me, me three if I was you"

• This is based on financial experts' opinions, not anyone in YG. Anyone that's followed Kpop for any amount of time knows about financial experts making predictions.

I expect the NGG to debut in August just like the last 3 of 4 YG groups did.

Here they are running into the YG building I'm sure making preparations. They've been routinely seen at YG's building the last several months.

External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

YG Family

1080x360

*Disclaimer I don't read responses to my posts unless I've replied to you before. If that offends you BLOCK ME. It's not my job to police your feelings.

• YGNGG is 2nd half of the year, they could debut in just over a month in theory. They probably won't closely overlap YGNGG debut with Lisa's debut or BLACKPINK's comeback. So I'd say August or September would be most likely for them.

It actually makes sense when they won't debut in august because roty is not an easy catch this year.

Stayc and aespa doing well in the charts, stayc selling like an well established group.

I'm sure stayc and aespa will come back once again after they got popular in korea. If ygngg debuts by then and their debut is not as succesfull then they're out of the game.

YG as a risk taker could debut them in august but i don't think so. I kinda feel like they will debut around october or november where there is no bloodbath for roty

• It actually makes sense when they won't debut in august because roty is not an easy catch this year.

Stayc and aespa doing well in the charts, stayc selling like an well established group.

I'm sure stayc and aespa will come back once again after they got popular in korea. If ygngg debuts by then and their debut is not as succesfull then they're out of the game.

YG as a risk taker could debut them in august but i don't think so. I kinda feel like they will debut around october or november where there is no bloodbath for roty

YG has never cared about competition.

YG is 4 for 4 on rookie awards. Everytime they've debuted a new group they've practically swept the rookie awards.

So it's more like other labels are taking a risk debuting groups the same year as a YG group. As they usually take up all the oxygen and hype.

YG Family

1080x360

*Disclaimer I don't read responses to my posts unless I've replied to you before. If that offends you BLOCK ME. It's not my job to police your feelings.

• YG has never cared about competition.

YG is 4 for 4 on rookie awards. Everytime they've debuted a new group they've practically swept the rookie awards.

So it's more like other labels are taking a risk debuting groups the same year as a YG group. As they usually take up all the oxygen and hype.

There is definitley hype but i'm not sure if the outperform their competitors.

Or YG has a super plan and the perfect debut song with the perfect follow up.

• There is definitley hype but i'm not sure if the outperform their competitors.

Or YG has a super plan and the perfect debut song with the perfect follow up.

No offense to those groups but YGNGG will do better on the charts simply because it's YG and a girl group so Korea will check it out.

The views will be there for the same reasons.

YG debuts are pretty incredible and have high standards. The debut rollouts for: WINNER, iKON, BLACKPINK and TREASURE have been intricate and expensive.

Historically YG debuts are the measuring stick in Kpop.

YG Family

1080x360

• YG seems to be stumbling. They are on their feet, alright but they seem wobbly.

Dunno. its just a feeling. Once they catch their breath, I think then they might push forward and move deadlines up.

YG had the biggest sales growth in the 1st quarter among all entertainment companies.

There's a myriad number of reasons that they're the most stable among the Big 3 right now.

YG Family

1080x360

• YG had the biggest sales growth in the 1st quarter among all entertainment companies.

There's a myriad number of reasons that they're the most stable among the Big 3 right now.

I don't mean financially. It was just a gut feeling that they are trying their best to finish something-- dunno what yet, and there isn't much space to relax for them. Again its just a feeling.

--going with gut feeling definitely doesn't mean i'm gauging by facts or any real metric btw.

• YG is not in their prime anymore, it's not 2016 like when BP debuted. Treasure didn't even crack top 100 on the charts when they debuted, just saying. Surely YGNGG would chart better than Treasure since they're a girl group however they're not going to get PAK for debut like BP, in fact I will be very surprised if they could get into top 50 especially if Teddy is not involved with their music.

• YG is not in their prime anymore, it's not 2016 like when BP debuted. Treasure didn't even crack top 100 on the charts when they debuted, just saying. Surely YGNGG would chart better than Treasure since they're a girl group however they're not going to get PAK for debut like BP, in fact I will be very surprised if they could get into top 50 especially if Teddy is not involved with their music.

YG has the biggest girl group in the world, arguably YG is in their prime right now.

And given the reforms, barely any idol groups are charting especially 4th gen. But again, Kcharts and traditional K-streaming sites are shrinking in usage. They're hemorrhaging users. Melon is down to like 40% of marketshare. In a country that size, what, maybe 10 million people are using Melon, if that many. Only Youtube Music, Spotify and VIBE saw gains in Korea...Melon, Genie, Bugs and FLO have been losing users for 2 years.

But it's not like labels are targeting domestic charts anymore.

TREASURE is YG's first traditional "idol" group. They were not made in the same vein as other YG groups. YG couldn't say it out loud, but said in so many words...they don't care about the K-charts (which is shrinking in importance) with TREASURE. They said it by saying they are a "fandom-driven" group targeting a "global market." Labels have basically figured out they can target places like Japan that are 1000x bigger markets and have a bigger buying power and make more money than trying to chart in a relatively smaller market (Korea).

So TREASURE's not a good example.

YG Family

1080x360

Edited once, last by Blue2012 ().

• Just because Treasure targets fandom more doesn't mean they can get away with not charting at all. To compete with the top groups they will need a balance in physical sales & digital charting. A 12-member boy group selling 300k in 2021 is good, but not exceptional when you compare them to their peers.

You are severely underestimating the impact of Korean's validation that kpop groups need, like it or not the domestic market is kpop's foundation, a group could never be fully acknowledged as top group if they're nugu in their home country. Earning enough money to feed themselves by touring in Japan is not their end goal, far from it. As any normal group they would want their music to reach as many people as possible, they want the buzz, the validation, the acknowledgment, not just enough money to get by.

And if you truly think that YG's hype in 2021 is the same as it was back in the days then I don't think this argument could go anywhere.

• Just because Treasure targets fandom more doesn't mean they can get away with not charting at all. To compete with the top groups they will need a balance in physical sales & digital charting. A 12-member boy group selling 300k in 2021 is good, but not exceptional when you compare them to their peers.

You are severely underestimating the impact of Korean's validation that kpop groups need, like it or not the domestic market is kpop's foundation, a group could never be fully acknowledged as top group if they're nugu in their home country. Earning enough money to feed themselves by touring in Japan is not their end goal, far from it. As any normal group they would want their music to reach as many people as possible, they want the buzz, the validation, the acknowledgment, not just enough money to get by.

And if you truly think that YG's hype in 2021 is the same as it was back in the days then I don't think this argument could go anywhere.

don't mind him he is the hardcore company stan I've seen

I sometimes skip his posts lol

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!