Why is Lee Seung Gi facing so much backlash ?

• Like I said, he will work it out if this person is for him or not, not fans. I’m not that familiar with him, but it’s still his business and if his career is affected by her then that’s the choice he makes. I do feel fans get way too involved with private lives of idols and often do more harm than good. I wouldn’t be calling off a relationship just because fans didn’t like it.

Yeah, it's still his choice whether he wants to stay with her or not regardless of what anyone else thinks. I'm just saying that I understand the perspective of the fans in this case, but at the the end of the day they shouldn't dictate what he does with his life.

• I don't think his fans do have a right to feel some type of way, at least not publicly. They should keep their thoughts to themselves.

Someone having the right to a private life means they are also free to select whichever partner they want to be with. If fans really don't like it they can just not follow him anymore, but his fans sending protest trucks advising him to think about the fact that they've "protected" him for 17 years is controlling behaviour.

Hmmm I kinda disagree with this.. It depends to what extent they publicly show their discontent. If they're just commenting on the Internet about celebrities like we are, then I absolutely think they have the right to say what they want. Public figures are gonna be talked about regardless of what they do because the Internet exists.. That includes praise and criticism, and even hate (I'm not saying I condone the hate but it's gonna happen no matter what lbr). If they're doing things in the real world like sending him stuff (I really don't know much about this story so I don't really know what's going on), then I can see where some lines would be crossed. Regardless, I think people at least have the right to talk publicly talk about things they find concerning. Although I do agree that fans are a little too invested in the private lives of kpop celebrities.

• How could she not know when her parents' crimes were in the news TWICE in 2009 and 2016? She's still supporting them, calling her mom her hero and lives in a six story mansion her mom purchased with scam money.

Both she and her sister are flop actresses who are only rich because of blood money that they're still enjoying. If they were like Tiffany or Han Seohee, they would've distanced themselves from their problematic parents are tried to make money on their own.

It's easier to say: "oh, stay away from your parents money and go work to make your own" when they already had an amazing life since birth. I don't condemn them for this tbh. Life is shit with or without money, but without money is worse...

Her parents are still her parents, maybe they treat them good so it's a difficult situation for them as distancing themselves for parents who love them is completely complex.

As I said, it's easier to judge it bc it's not happening with us, we just fake being soooo morally right on internet and start attacking others. Simple as that. And I'm talking in general, not you obviously. And the point here is his fans thinking that they know him better than himself which is a joke already. Trying to control him is the problem here.

• Reactions to LSG's having a GF with shady background depends on the outlook of the person giving the reaction. There are, "leave the person alone" is the reaction but if from SE Asia, and a Christian, "What was he thinking" .

K-fans are not controlling him but giving him a hint that they idolize him for being an good person, a model actor, but why choose this girl whose family did crimes towards other people, to the extent of victims committing suicide and doesn't even have a slight remorse in their hearts but rather proud of their ill-gotten wealth. On the other hand, since LSG felt happy having relationship with such person/family, K-fans should also think that LSG may not the the person they thought he is. Maybe LSG and that family belong together "birds of the same feather, flock together" as the saying goes. K-fans can just fade away.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!