Why is Itzy stronger on Spotify than Youtube?

• MITM

peaked at #56 on Spotify Global 200

debuted with 1.5M first day streams

Not Shy

peaked somewhere in the 80s on Spotify Global 200

debuted with around 980K first day streams

BUT, on Youtube

Not Shy - 17.1m views in first 24h

MITM - 13m views in first 24 hours

Seems like they grew on Spotify a lot with MITM (they have 5.5M monthly listeners right now, which puts them closer to Twice right now than any 4th gen girl groups) but didn't do as well on YT. I'm curious why since it's much easier to do well on YT than Spotify

• Ig their music has a lotta replay value. I wasn't that into mitm on the first listen but soon after I couldn't get enough of it. Itzys discography has a lotta good bsides. I discovered quite a few of my fave edit audios were actually itzy bsides.

Also Jyp isn't my fave company for mvs tbh. Sm's music videos are a lot better. Mitm sets were nice but the mv could've been better.

Desbundar

• I like MITM much more than not shy. But I have to admit it's not as repayable as their other music videos. Plus Not shy had a lot more hype after the hit Wannabe.

• first week isn’t reliable at all it’s ad boosted. You should ask why JYP gave less ads maybe lol.

And I know someone will say they don’t use ads for the first day. You don’t know that. All you can say is they use MORE ads from day2.

I would look at stats from how the videos are doing 6 months later on YouTube for a better indication.

• Well, JYP boosted Not Shy on youtube during the 2nd/3rd week as far as I remember. Prior to that, the song wasn't doing that well. It's probably a similar case with Mafia

• Itzy is strongest 4th gen group on YouTube too.

Sm use big ad campaigns for aespa straight from the first 24hours while itzy doesn't use any ads in first 24 hours that is why aespa's first day view numbers are more. Aespa got 25m first day views but in reality atleast 15m of them were from ads.

• They did improve on yt, your numbers are wrong

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Also, one of the reasons why the gap on spotify is that big is because not shy was released at 6pm kst while mitm was released at 1pm kst so it had a longer tracking period for the first day.

• Because they aren't. The spotify streams aren't accurate and YT views depend on ads.

--YT Charts--

Not Shy:

week 1 (only 4 days): 28.9M

week 2: 32.8M

total: 61.7M

In The Morning:

week 1 (7 days): 62.4M

week 2: 29.7M

total = 92.1M

--Spotify--

Not Shy:

week 1 (shifted to have 7 days): 6.6M

week 2 (shifted by week 1): 6.7M

total: 13.3M

In The Morning:

week 1 (7 days): 8.1M

week 2: 7.2M

total: 15.2M (rounding)

Thus, they actually had an increase in both, and it was bigger on YT.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!