Did anyone feel strange when the "Into the I-Land" signal song for the Belief project was sung by IU and not by Gfriend?

• When the Belief Project by Big Hit was launched,

it only had one single female act- GFriend.

Yuju, and to a lesser degree Eunha, had lots of experience singing OSTs.

However , "Hitman" Bang Sihyuk himself chose a fellow company owner to singe the signal song - Lee Jieun, the effective owner of Edam Entertainment.

====

Usually signal songs for a company audition is sung by someone in the company.

However, to the best of my knowledge, IU has never been under Big HIt.

Plus, IU had not sung any OSTs or theme songs since 2011, except for a drama written by the person who wrote "The Producers" in 2020 (not counting unofficial OSTs which were not released.)

So, IU was never the first choice to sing a theme song for a Big Hit audition.

Yet, despite of having a group whose members had a solid history of singing OSTs, Mr. Bang shunned them and went over to someone who owned another company, which was extremely strange.

ANd, I think I can probably guess why he did that - he probably did not want GFriend to leave a mark in Big Hit/ Hybe history when this theme song is sung.

I wonder whether gfriend felt a sense of danger at that point.

• Me as a listener will choose IU over Gfriend at any time, any moment.

What Mr. Bang Shiyuk thought was in his braincells.

But if it was on me, I would have chosen IU. Because of the emotion of her voice.

And if you think, Gfriend left source bcs hybe didn't let them to sing "Into the Iland", kudos to Your brain.

And Bang Shiyuk knows both the business & musicality really well. He is on this height of success despite starting with " 0" not for nothing.

And my another qus. If he really wanted only only only clout, wouldn't he request Jungkook sings the OST(solo) or BTS(whole Group)?

If Kook or BTS had sung it, then billboard, rolling stone all big international media had covered it. Why this idea didn't come to Mr. Bang shiyuk?

• Why would that OST be sung by a female then? Might as well give to Jungkook or BTS if that’s your logic.

CJEnt,and BH wanted big names like IU, Zico, Rain for the buzz from Korean GP. All of them are household names and well loved.

They could have let someone related to Zico or Rain to sing the signal song, but it was Mr Bang's decision to bring up the owner of Edam Entertainment, who had been at odds with CJ because MAMA gave her a Lifetime Award and KakaoM, who owns part of Edam, is at odds with CJ for quite a long time.

• Same company

Can you imagine IU singing something for an SM or JYP audition? It's their pride and they would have found someone in their own companies to sing the signal song.

But again, I'm telling you that hybe doesn't really care about this. They wanted to get more hype and exposure - something IU would bring much more than gfriend. And as we see hybe does stuff very differently from other companies so far so I'm not really surprised

• Apparently Mr. Bang did not want the Jungkook OST to overshadow the new act; bts only shows up in the final episode after the members are all decided, since the audition was to emphasize enhypen, so he did not ask Kook to sing it

• No matter what the arguement, beef companies, singers have among them or whatever...

IU was the best choice for the OST. No other Female group or female solo artist would have brought the same emotion as IU in "Into the iland".

#IUTheSouthKorea'sFavouriteSoloist

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!