The Israel Palestine Dispute Explained: Why are Rocket Strikes Being Fired?

• I'm posting two different videos from two different sources, so you know... you can watch both, and then get a whole picture.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• please don't be a fool and buy into these Israel propaganda. their whole existence was by invading another country kicking people from their homes and murdering them.

Israel government/army and whoever support them deserve to be wiped out of this planet, they are terrorists.

Edited once, last by haj1ma ().

• I like these two YTbers! Shirvan's accent is chef's kiss!

I like this channel too:

My only take on this affair is there is no solution that involves a happy end for both sides. As a just an Internet procrastinator with no love or hate from Palestinian and Israeli authorities, I guess the only solution would be something similar to Bosnia Herzegovina (which isn't great as it is still a power keg waiting to explode). For that to happen, UN would have to go there and force it. Of course, this scenario is impossible.

There is no other scenario I can see which would create a peaceful and safe Israel and Palestine at the same time. Some say have the West Bank and Gaza for 2 Palestine states with different governments for them. I don't see Gaza as self-sufficient and would be just a buffer state influenced by outside forces and having Hamas dominating the area would be a constant security threat to Israel. West Bank also doesn't have any natural division between Israel and this supposed Palestine state. Also, Jerusalem doesn't seem negotiable at the moment as the de facto capital of Israel.

The truth is Palestinians have no bargain chip. Even their supposed Arab allies are abandoning them to have proper diplomatic relations with Israel for future projects and shifting geopolitical strategies. Hamas having Iran support will just be a thorn to Israel and they will always be used as a tool for outside powers. The more Palestinians radicalize, the more Israel has motives to escalate further.

I don't see Israel changing their plans to slowly absorb the rest of Palestine as it is needed for their core security. They don't even bother to return territories from proper sovereign nations.

Even if they lose USA support in the future, I see Israel becoming self-sufficient enough to push around its neighbors. They already are shaping alliances around them. They have nuclear capability, a high tech military industry, and phenomenal cyber security capabilities. The only way USA stops supporting them if it becomes super inward and abandon anything related to Middle East, but that would just mean other super power could fill the void and ally with Israel. Israel has too good of a hand.

Even if both people want peace, geopolitical situation of both factions are just irreconcilable. There were some opportunities in the past that some compromise could be reached and in this aspect both the Arab world and Palestinian leadership blew it. Israel has no reason to compromise unless out of charity which I can only think in very few examples of such "charities" (more like brainfarts). Considering the history of the Levant, I don't see it.

Maybe I could hope Palestinian plea would resonate in the social media enough that other powers would force them to renegotiate their situation, but I think at best it may help de-escalate the current situation and go back to the slow absorption status quo.

• I expected you cleared out any confusion about what you were speaking of. Israel the regime or Israel the people? Because if genocide is what you're advocating for, you'll get no sympathy from people who have no stakes in either side.

obviously the government and the army and whoever support them. :pepefacepalm:

• obviously the government and the army and whoever support them. :pepefacepalm:

I get why many people try to separate the government and the people, but the fact is the majority of the Israelies probably support these actions.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/w…stinian-conflict-n1267275

You should look into these UN resolutions.
    https://unwatch.org/u-n-target…ions-rest-of-the-world-0/

You can clearly tell who supports who.

✧ "Got no time for haters 모두 다 집어치워 버려" ✧

• If that’s what you mean, always make sure to clarify accordingly. There’s a tendency for people to blame a country’s people and not just a country’s government for things like this. It’s important not to contribute to that, even if unknowingly. It’s dangerous because that’s the type of justification that’s used for waging acts of war on innocent civilians.

Yeah you are definitely right, just take down the ones who hold the power.

• If that’s what you mean, always make sure to clarify accordingly. There’s a tendency for people to blame a country’s people and not just a country’s government for things like this. It’s important not to contribute to that, even if unknowingly. It’s dangerous because that’s the type of justification that’s used for waging acts of war on innocent civilians.

Yeah you are definitely right, just take down the ones who hold the power.

There is a fine line between the government and the people, but oftentimes the people support the government. It all depends on the perspective of the lens. Palestine may have felt their sovereignty and rights have been slowly diminishing so Hamas shot rockets into Israel. Similarly, Israel may feel threatened when Hamas shot hundreds of rockets into Israel so it gives them justification to fight back.

This conflict didn't happen a day or two ago, this conflict has been an issue for decades. Reading too much media doesn't give you the entire idea, you should dig deep and do some fact searching.

That said, I am opposed to bloodshed and I hope they find a resolution soon.

✧ "Got no time for haters 모두 다 집어치워 버려" ✧

• Is this a call for genocide? :/ This kind of phrasing is contentious to say the least.

to be honest Britain drew the lines to GTFO later, not consulting either side, no letting arbiters help the people living there decide And frankly they're doing the little kid cries to their mother dynamic where they start doing random shit to get people mad, wait for escalation and running to the US crying that Palestine started everything. Even the brits back then, as a global super power couldn't do shit to help lower tensions.

Israel was a mistake but one that can be mitigated; if Israel didn't pull shit like start racking up a kill count because someone got pissed that they blocked off a religious practice, They wouldn't be a problem. Israel has solutions to rockets blanketing the sky. Palestine doesn't. Just because you got pissed doesn't mean you don't have to hold back. ( imean if us and russia did that then lmao we'd all be dead.)

• Looking at the last answers from Netanyahu about cease fire or stopping escalation, he openly "admitted" that invasion is a possibility by saying Israel's only approach would be either air strike or invasion. They don't even consider other option.

As long countries like USA still keep giving these measured responses trying to equate Israel's response with Palestine's response, Netanyahu will give no fucks.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!