Did you know SNSD influenced the creation/concept of BLACKPINK?

• I agree about the snsd part but this part I don't agree with pinkpunk concept existed even before red velvet was formed . Red velvet were trainees then so this concept it's not thing new in fact it was what he always wanted pretty girls (pink) with YG style (black)

• Well am glad they didn't end up becoming like SNSD concept wise.

And am glad that people are correcting the user about the RedVelvet thing.

They were saying the same thing in a thread yesterday and i could not wrap my head around it cuz it made no sense.

• I agree with the SNSD influence but the Red Velvet influence isn’t really a thing. People confuse them having a dual concept. They don’t. BLACKPINK is BLACKPINK. Their name isn’t inspired by duality. it’s a representation of pink being a color associated with feminine and beauty and black with strength/skills. It’s also a play off their original name PINKPUNK. (Which existed before Red Velvet.)

I don't really think this Red Velvet part is true. PinkPunk is kind of obviously a name with a similar double meaning to BLACKPINK, and it was their name in 2012.

not really

Pinkpunk was just one of the name YG had for the girls but it didn't have any meaning behind it, it was just a cool name

and the girls confirm in an interview later that they are the one who came up with the Name Blackpink to show the contrast in their group image

and that they wanted to find a name color who had an equal amount of pink and black, but since they couldn't find any color like this who existed

they Choose to debut with the name Blackpink and express the different genre of music they could do by using this 2 color

"

Jennie, then, elaborated that they wanted to find a color that was a combination of black and pink. She said, “If there was a color mixed with black and pink, like in the right amount, then we would have gone with that color. But we couldn’t find that.”

“We just put [the words ‘black’ and ‘pink’] together and made one word with it,” Rosé added.

As for why the two colors specifically, Jennie shared that they represent the members’ diverse array of talents. “We wanted to express the diversity of the group… and the different genres we could do and show you guys,” she said."

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON

• but pink punk was a concept it self though lol I was following them since predebut lol it was based on the fact that YG wanted girly but still somehow edgy (they even had their own logo or something like that) before they changed it to blackpink and there is another interview when jennie actually mentioned the whole black and pink concept. I'm too lazy to look for it but she mentioned it a while back.

• not really

Pinkpunk was just one of the name YG had for the girls but it didn't have any meaning behind it, it was just a cool name

and the girls confirm in an interview later that they are the one who came up with the Name Blackpink to show the contrast in their group image

and that they wanted to find a name color who had an equal amount of pink and black, but since they couldn't find any color like this who existed

they Choose to debut with the name Blackpink and express the different genre of music they could do by using this 2 color

The first official meaning of BLACKPINK which came from YG was "Pretty isn't everything". It was the definition that was used for years. The "dual concept" definition wasn't really used until last year when they started to say it was to show that they're pretty and savage, that they're diverse and can do many different genres.

And just because the name was never given an official definition doesn't mean it didn't have the double meaning. PinkPunk is in the same area of BLACKPINK it doesn't really take a lot of thought to see that. And it was still the original name in 2012, the one they were using before they debuted. See Jennie's introduction video where they literally flashed a logo.

blogger-image--351618965.jpg

"Bunch of wannabes that wanna be me, me three if I was you"

• There have been groups with two names that they to reference both of their concepts though for years since 1st gen and 2nd gen.

- BlackBeat explored both rock and hiphop oriented music.

- Cats (The Red 2nd) did both an poppy girl crush concept and an silky R&B femme fatale concept, like the beloved disbanded group The Red, hence being called their second iteration.

- Two Two which was named that due to both their ages being 22 at debut and their two different concepts did both sad power ballads and strong vocal pop dance tracks

- Berry Good referenced the names of their two different concepts they would explore over their career, starting with cute concepts and then later diving headfirst into mature concepts skipping right over girl crush.

Those are just the examples that come to mind immediately other than RV and BP. I love Red Velvet with a passion but BP did not copy them.

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

Utada-Hikaru-Blue-Stay-Magical-Sig.png

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!