Is saying “not dating down” unfair and arrogant?

• There is a huge debate about this.

Do you think saying that you won’t date down an arrogant statement?

Especially when it comes to income, a lot say they wouldn’t date someone who earns less than them or has a certain job. Like most of the time when people say this, they mean money, job, looks and status.

All the talk about high value men and high value women. I think people are loosing the value on what makes a good relationship. :/

• Women have the right to do whatever they want with their bodies. If they want to be with someone that has a bigger salary, that’s their choice.

People have no business criticizing what others do or decide in their own lives. End of

• Two birds of the same feather as they say, everyone has a league, a combination of their income, appearance, social class/background and education. Those who go out of their league always will be talked about, and not in a good way.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I only have a few instances where I'll say I refused to date down, first and foremost, when it comes to people being sexist, homophobic or racist. I will not date them.

I have dated men before when I was like 18 who would legit quit their jobs and expect me to come pay their rent once as well as mine and my sick mother's after they saw how much I worked and how much I worked to take care of my mother and siblings while managing myself.

I before that dated a boy who hit me constantly and would blame me for it. I will not date anyone with previous instances of physically or sexually assaulting their other half.

To me any of the above reasons I listed is for sure "dating down" as you are downgrading your own morals and accepting abuse and gaslighting as acceptable. If someone is refusing to work with you to make your goals come true and just expects you to take care of all of it.

They are mooching and they are of low value, refusing to be with someone who behaves in those ways is perfectly acceptable, as no one deserves to be mooched off of. However if they are making an effort and just cannot make ends meet, then they are not of low value, they are just still working on making their life happen. As long as someone is not lazy and showing they have no ambition except to use you, there is nothing wrong with someone having a lower paying job than their partner.

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

Minnie-SEC-Sig.png

• I mean certain jobs require you to travel around the world a lot. And many people can't stand long distance relationships, so it kinda makes sense if they don't wanna date such people.

But that’s not dating down, at least not what people mean when they say it.

I wouldn’t like to date someone who has a job where they will be away for a long time either. I don’t like long-distance relationships.

• I agree on everything you say.

I wouldn’t date someone who doesn’t share the same values as me either.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!