I don't like How RBW played this Mamamoo Contract Resign...

• As much as I love all the girls and want them to stay in the group together, I don't like how they revealed which members renewed, I feel like it's pressuring wheein and hwasa to renew with them, since this article was trending in South Korea , I feel like they shouldn't have revealed and just said that its in discussion and revealed together when all 4 re-signed it or just said 2 members resigned and its under discussion with other two.

Now some idiot's are filling wheein and hwasa Instagram with "please renew contract" , I mean please let the girls decide what's best for them and not pressurize them .

:pepe-cross:

• Well the thing is that january is already ending, Mamamoo debuted in june which means they signed contracts earlier.

So we might not now but there might be only 1-2 months left until contract will expire.

And in the beginning of the year labels are usually building a plan/schedule for whole year. At this point RBW can't plan next Mamamoo album. So the only way should be either debuting Purple K!SS asap, or releasing next solo album of Solar or MoonByul.

If I would be RBW I would play it "safe" with debuting Purple K!SS. Either people some dumb Knetz would complain that Byuli get another solo album, and it was time for Wheein's solo.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Well the thing is that january is already ending, Mamamoo debuted in june which means they signed contracts earlier.

So we might not now but there might be only 1-2 months left until contract will expire.

And in the beginning of the year labels are usually building a plan/schedule for whole year. At this point RBW can't plan next Mamamoo album. So the only way should be either debuting Purple K!SS asap, or releasing next solo album of Solar or MoonByul.

If I would be RBW I would play it "safe" with debuting Purple K!SS. Either people some dumb Knetz would complain that Byuli get another solo album, and it was time for Wheein's solo.

well purple kiss , they have a lots of hope on them , and their contract ends in June according to solar but rbw twt says it ended in jan itself, wheein solo is not confirmed by company yet , just said by wheein and members, its upto wheesa to renew or not at the end of day, revealing the news puts them in spotlight and definitely they will face pressure with all the talks

• well purple kiss , they have a lots of hope on them , and their contract ends in June according to solar but rbw twt says it ended in jan itself, wheein solo is not confirmed by company yet , just said by wheein and members, its upto wheesa to renew or not at the end of day, revealing the news puts them in spotlight and definitely they will face pressure with all the talks

Mhm... maybe they just like to be honest about things, and if for example Mamamoo disbands then no one would blame members which decided to stay in RBW.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• They are being strategic. They don't want to loose mamamoo fully especially hwasa. This is a way to create pressure on the other two. I hope the members choose whats best for them.

Mmm is their biggest cash cow so i understand why they are doing this.

°⨳°·..·°⨳°⊹٭ 𝓙𝓞𝓨 ٭⊹°⨳°·..·°⨳°

e59e7135c19a6341cc1e93725017b2ba7130662a.gifv 6c1d54386949e369c7a401c21503a4af7b66a053.gifv 87421ed4a49499627715cb8666cc133529df9593.gifv 6c1d54386949e369c7a401c21503a4af7b66a053.gifv b2fee2c558a21bd6472498e040b6dad3a40db33e.gifv

• They are being strategic. They don't want to loose mamamoo fully especially hwasa. This is a way to create pressure on the other two. I hope the members choose whats best for them.

Mmm is their biggest cash cow so i understand why they are doing this.

yea , if they renew, I hope they demand better stuff for themselves

• I don't know a K-Pop company who don't make pressure on her idols and who don't mistreat them in a certain way.

RBW want all the girls renew and they put pressure on them; is it a good thing? No. But is a business thing...

I hope they all renew but if something will happens, I will support all the girls in their upcoming solo activity.

• Ya company did pretty dirty move. If Hwasa does not renew ppl may think she turned her back to the group and have unnecessary hate. Other companies may offer way better deals by her since she is extremely popular and have pretty good market value.

• I don't know a K-Pop company who don't make pressure on her idols and who don't mistreat them in a certain way.

RBW want all the girls renew and they put pressure on them; is it a good thing? No. But is a business thing...

I hope they all renew but if something will happens, I will support all the girls in their upcoming solo activity.

yea :(

• Ya company did pretty dirty move. If Hwasa does not renew ppl may think she turned her back to the group and have unnecessary hate. Other companies may offer way better deals by her since she is extremely popular and have pretty good market value.

well she already has a pretty huge solo fanbase :eyes: if hwasa leaves , I feel like wheein won't stay as well , both of they are very loyal to each other , I hope they do whats best for them <3

• It's a business move. I don't expect a for-profit company to not act like a for-profit company. Mamamoo is RBW's flagship group. Of course they want to retain them if they think they can manage to negotiate a contract that is still convenient and profitable for them as a company.

It's the same in every industry, not just k-entertainment. In contract negotiations both sides will use whatever levers of influence they have available that could get them closer to the ideal outcome they want. It's a push and pull.

I'm not saying that fans have to like it but it's the reality of the business.

The Mamamoo members are grown women with seven years of experience as highly visible professionals in a harsh and demanding industry. They've experienced way worse pressure and scrutiny than some random fans posting "Please renew!" in their Insta comments. They're adults capable of making their own decision and certainly have the means to consult with top class legal professionals to make sure those decisions are in their best interests.

• rbw is afraid their cash cow will be gone

It is the same for all companies. What'll happen to BH if they loose BTS now ? Same for YG with BP ? Cube with (G)I-DLE and many more ...

We all know this is a media play to put all the pressure on Wheein and Hwasa, but RBW did nothing wrong for me. They want to renew Mamamoo's contracts, now it's up to the members to decide. The decision and responsibility rests with each member.

We must not forget that when it is the company that does not renew a group's contract, they are also attacked for their mistakes. If it is the artists who does not renew his contract, they must also assume his share of responsibility with the public, it cannot be only the company that is at fault.

Artists and companies are free to choose whether or not to extend contracts and everyone must respect this freedom. But fans also have the right to express their disappointment (without harassing anyone of course).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!