Seriously this is the most Incredible Docu Series on BTS and it’s Fan Made

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Bravo to these incredible talented people

• i think im in the minority when it comes to this opinion, but im really not a fan of this docu-series. It feels like plagiarism almost?? like the entire thing is just clips from bangtantv and their shows like rookie king and AHL all put together in chronological order.....calling it a fan-made project feels incredibly dishonest. But i could be wrong since I only watched 6 episodes so maybe it got better?

• As a new army since BWL I didn’t know AHL even existed. There is so much content I find it quite excellent to put it together in these episodes.

• i think im in the minority when it comes to this opinion, but im really not a fan of this docu-series. It feels like plagiarism almost?? like the entire thing is just clips from bangtantv and their shows like rookie king and AHL all put together in chronological order.....calling it a fan-made project feels incredibly dishonest. But i could be wrong since I only watched 6 episodes so maybe it got better?

The creator gave a really good interview of her creative process. She can’t monetize any of the series, because like you said no footage belongs to her. But she is a professional editor. Her creative input comes from editing the footages together to tell a compelling and engaging story. She has to write storyboards and she has 3rd party to provide critical feedback for each of her episodes, whether the narrative comes across clearly, etc. Essentially, she’s a professional editor and her medium is in editing. Oscar has a category for best editing so it’s definitely a creative profession even if the source materials don’t belong to her.

Personally, I love the series. It’s so well done. Can you believe it’s one single person who did all this??!? It’s so much work for a passion project.

Edit: also plagiarism by legal definition is taking someone else’s work without credits. She cites every piece of footage and that is perfectly properly and the only correct way to do it.

Are you a new baby ARMY? Want to meet fellow ARMYs? >Click here!<
    ezgif.com-gif-maker_3.gif

• The creator gave a really good interview of her creative process. She can’t monetize any of the series, because like you said no footage belongs to her. But she is a professional editor. Her creative input comes from editing the footages together to tell a compelling and engaging story. She has to write storyboards and she has 3rd party to provide critical feedback for each of her episodes, whether the narrative comes across clearly, etc. Essentially, she’s a professional editor and her medium is in editing. Oscar has a category for best editing so it’s definitely a creative profession even if the source materials don’t belong to her.

Personally, I love the series. It’s so well done. Can you believe it’s one single person who did all this??!? It’s so much work for a passion project.

I agree for new fans it’s an encyclopedia on BTS from the beginning. I had no idea they travelled to Russia, performed at Kcon in 2014, filmed Dope all in one night. It’s incredibly detailed and yes speaking with the editor and her amazing journey doing this series because of her love of BTS

• It's excellent. I absolutely love the way AHL was covered in the doc. As we all know, footage from that show can be a bit(I hate to say the word but it'so apt) cringe. The footage they used really focused on the important lessons and experiences BTS had that made them grow as people and artists. It was actually a lot of footage I hadn't seen before since I've never watched AHL in it's entirety.

Tell'em Bangtan is dancing on the floorImage result for bts dancing gif fire

Edited once, last by MIRACOLE ().

• I agree for new fans it’s an encyclopedia on BTS from the beginning. I had no idea they travelled to Russia, performed at Kcon in 2014, filmed Dope all in one night. It’s incredibly detailed and yes speaking with the editor and her amazing journey doing this series because of her love of BTS

Same! I’m a 2020 ARMY and I knew nothing about Kpop before. So all the stuff BTS had to do in their debut years is mind blowing to me.

I thought the editor’s central thesis is interesting as well. She said in her interview that, the reason she showed so much about the Kpop industry in the beginning is to explain the norm so that she can show how BTS breaks the norm and eventually diverges from Kpop.

• The creator gave a really good interview of her creative process. She can’t monetize any of the series, because like you said no footage belongs to her. But she is a professional editor. Her creative input comes from editing the footages together to tell a compelling and engaging story. She has to write storyboards and she has 3rd party to provide critical feedback for each of her episodes, whether the narrative comes across clearly, etc. Essentially, she’s a professional editor and her medium is in editing. Oscar has a category for best editing so it’s definitely a creative profession even if the source materials don’t belong to her.

Edit: also plagiarism by legal definition is taking someone else’s work without credits. She cites every piece of footage and that is perfectly properly and the only correct way to do it.

i agree plagiarism wasnt the best word to use since she isnt taking credit for the footage. But its footage that armys can just watch on their own through official sources you know? i guess being an older army makes me side-eye it more. for newer armys, I can see how it can be very beneficial to have all that older content edited together nicely to learn more about their past and come-up

• i agree plagiarism wasnt the best word to use since she isnt taking credit for the footage. But its footage that armys can just watch on their own through official sources you know? i guess being an older army makes me side-eye it more. for newer armys, I can see how it can be very beneficial to have all that older content edited together nicely to learn more about their past and come-up

As a relatively new fan, I don't have the time to hunt down footage, especially if I don't know it exists to begin with. This series is pretty amazing.

And the creator appears to be a professional with integrity; not only is she very careful to cite all her sources, she's also explained that all ad revenue goes to the original sources; she receives no revenue from her videos.

• i agree plagiarism wasnt the best word to use since she isnt taking credit for the footage. But its footage that armys can just watch on their own through official sources you know? i guess being an older army makes me side-eye it more. for newer armys, I can see how it can be very beneficial to have all that older content edited together nicely to learn more about their past and come-up

It’s just a documentary like any other. Think about true crime documentaries. I can go search through public records to watch police interrogations, trials, news coverage etc to piece together how a crime happened and was resolved. If that is the case, there is no reason for any documentaries to exist ever, or any medium based on retelling of true life events. Why does Kim Youngdae needs to write a book to tell BTS’s story if we all should just watch the primary footage? At the core it is a documentary put together by a documentary maker who wanted to convey a topic she did a lot of research on through her vision and story telling. She also included a lot of footage not related to BTS to convey a bigger picture of the Kpop industry. Source materials and documentaries are entirely different media.

• Official Post

I agree that this is definitely NOT plagiarism and IMO a great service to all ARMY. BTS have SO much content and this takes all of it and edits it into a very digestible form. She chooses what parts of what clips to edit together to tell a focused story - that is talent, that is art.

I've subscribed to her channel. She deserves all the praise for splicing all these various clips together. There is editing to be done even on these edited clips. I do the same too, though to a much much lesser extent, when I put together my BTS/ARMY sigs or limited badges. It's not easy.

• Honestly this documentary is so well-done, it deserves all the praises ! I don't know how many hours they spend on it but DAMN.

This is an incredible work of research and compilation, and a great service to the fandom.

As someone who is still a relatively new ARMY, it is incredibly useful to see their story in chronological order, without 'bias' ( obviously there is a bias, but you know what I mean ), to hear the story from the members' own mouth.

• Well guess who is crying now? It’s very well made and they showcase increasingly non title track songs that many new ARMY (or just curious people) might be interested in. And the clips of what they have said and their thoughts during a particular time were well selected too. I know it’s lovingly made.

The part when Jimin said when they won daesang for the first time, he realised that ARMY are also feeling the same way as themselves. We are part of each other. I felt that ngl. Damn those boys.

These are my favorite kind of story telling where the user does not try to lay their own narrative or explain stuff from their pov so they let the video do the talking and the viewers reach their own conclusion about BTS.

I am learning a lot from this video, most new armys especially those who got absorbed through dynamite. Not all of us have the time to go through their whole bangtan bomb videos so if someone can piece them together to form a coherent story we are all up for it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!