[GUESS WHO] Discussion thread

• Mafia 11

1. Yeji (1) 9%
    2. Lia (0) 0%
    3. Ryujin (2) 18%
    4. Chaeryeong (2) 18%
    5. Yuna (6) 55%

So I learnt about the Mafia game today and realised there are five positions

1. Police
    2. Citizen
    3. Doctor
    4. Narrator
    5. Mafia

My hypothesis

Lia: Narrator, that will explain why she’s with RYEJI in DAY and YUCHAE in NIGHT .She knows who is who in the story. Also in the MV teaser, she sits at the Center of the table.

Yeji- Police, she had a police tape in her night teaser and the only one with two guns in her back pose in the picture below.

Ryujin-Doctor, she’s with Yeji throughout the teasers and also has a lollipops, doctors use for their patients to feel calm.

YUCHAE- one of them is the Mafia and the other the citizen, if you notice chaeryeong is black and white the pic below, where everyone is coloured , which could mean chaeryeong is the citizen since she has no post, she’s the only who is oblivious. Yuna sang the line “I’m the Mafia” and the only one who laughed in her own teasers or Yuna could be the citizen and chaeryeong The Mafia .

Pick your Mafia

184FD70F-31D7-4345-90ED-8B553D359DC5.jpg

<3:borahae: YUNAGAYO   <3 :borahae:

img.gif

• gg-mouthpiece

Changed the title of the thread from “[GUESS WHO] Discussiin thread” to “[GUESS WHO] Discussion thread”.
  • My guess:

- Police: Yeji because in her night teaser she is grabbing that yellow warning label that usually we see in a crime scene/homicide. At one point she grab the tape and lift it over her head. It literally looks like she is a detective entering a new crime scene like in the homicide detective TV shows. Her clothing also seem more work appropriate for an undercover police job. It just give me that kind of feel. Unlike the other girls, she doesn't smirk that much in her teaser. She often puts her hand near her mouth in her teaser which is like someone thinking/trying to figure out who the mafia is. Also in the MV teaser 1, she is the only one wearing all white in the beginning of the video. Her background is all white. White usually represents innocence. So she's on the justice side. Therefore, she is the police.

yeji1.PNG

yeji2.PNGyeji3.PNG

- Citizen: Chaeryeong. She is the one pictured directly opposite Yuna in the teaser pictures. In the round table in MV teaser 1 she is also sitting directly across Yuna who I think is the mafia. She has a direct connection to the one I think is the mafia. So she is probably the citizen. Her picture is the only one in black and white suggesting she might have been killed off by the mafia. I'm assuming based on the general tone of the teasers that the Mafia is meant to win. Hence, Chae the citizen is killed. In the MV teaser 1 unlike the other characters she is pictured in the same background with the plants as the narrator. It is further indication that her role is just a ordinary citizen.

Something interesting is that Chae is holding some sort of glass ball in her day teaser and looking directly into it. I don't really know what it means. Just that glass balls have been known to symbolize looking into the future. She is also lying in a bed of white sheets. Further indication that she is innocent? I found out that some painters in the past used glass or crystal balls and other objects to depict death in art. Further indication that she is the one getting killed?

crystal.PNG

Also in her night teaser Chae walks past the cylinder container and guess what is written on it? It says "Checkmate". Further proof that she is the one targeted and she is the citizen.

checkmate.PNG

Another thing: in her night teaser she is directly under a waning moon. From full moon to crescent moon. Symbolically a moon can represent many things including: death, birth and ressurection. It can also represent life cycles and the passage of time. Further indicates that Chae is the one getting killed?

moon.PNG

Lastly, in her night teaser, Chae is bathed in a yellow light. Her face is constantly illuminated by yellow lighting. The colour yellow actually symbolically represents danger and warning signs. This further evidence that Chae is the one in danger.

yellow.PNG

danger signs.jpg

danger.jpg

-Doctor: Probably Ryujin. Honestly not much to go on other than the lollipop and the teddy bear she is holding in the teaser pictures. Both of those things you might give a young patient as comfort items to soothe them in the doctor's office. In the MV teaser she is in the center surrounding by 4 mannequins. In the Korean Mafia game, the narrator will wake the doctor up and ask the doctor to choose one person they want to save right? Could be visually representing that choice she has to make? The mannequin are representing the other characters because we don't know who the mafia is at that point.

- Narrator: Lia. That is why in her teaser picture there is a television. She is the one narrating the story. She also has a phone in her night teaser. Another way to highlight she is the one telling the story to the viewer. In the round table she is sitting in the center. Possibly because she is narrating the story and we are seeing it from her perspective.

- Mafia: I think Yuna is the mafia. The main reason for this is the foreshadowing in their MV teaser 1. In it Yuna is holding the newspaper asking "Who is the mafia?" and then the camera pans out to show Yuna looking directly at you. It is visually hinting to the viewer that Yuna is indeed the mafia.

Yuna mafia1.PNGYunamafia2.PNG

In her night teaser video she has the "dangerous" signs several times. In the album spoiler video Yuna is the one representing the album track "shoot". It seems like a deliberate choice.

Finally, in the MV teaser 1 you will notice that Yuna is the only one who gets a different shot. Everyone has close ups of their face only. Yuna is the only one whose shot is not a close up. You can see her upper body and the flames behind her. Why is that? There is something different about her.

Yuna:

Yuna.PNG

vs everyone else:

everyone else.PNGeveryone else2.PNG

In conclusion: Yuna is the mafia.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!