Why did Blackpink never speak out on Asian Hate?

• you said "I said the same thing when woke Army was turning on BTS for ignoring BLM. I was like are they freaking stupid? What does BTS have to do with white cops murdering black Americans in broad daylight?" so thats y i replied.

• you said "I said the same thing when woke Army was turning on BTS for ignoring BLM. I was like are they freaking stupid? What does BTS have to do with white cops murdering black Americans in broad daylight?" so thats y i replied.

lol i see.

Well, i'll be urging BTS to speak up about BLM since they're "benefiting" from black culture when i see black chefs or martial artists or interpreters or Asian-inspired architects who are all "benefiting" from Asian culture speak up about social issues in Japan, Korea, China, SEA etc. Why dont we see black mathematicians, scientists, and engineers speak up about Hindu-Arab social issues, you realize that they've all been benefiting from the Hindu-Arab numeric system, right?

You see how stupid this sounds? lol.

• lol i see.

Well, i'll be urging BTS to speak up about BLM since they're "benefiting" from black culture when i see black chefs or martial artists or interpreters or Asian-inspired architects who are all "benefiting" from Asian culture speak up about social issues in Japan, Korea, China, SEA etc. Why dont we see black mathematicians, scientists, and engineers speak up about Hindu-Arab social issues, you realize that they've all been benefiting from the Hindu-Arab numeric system, right?

No, no really and ur right they should and have been if u would do some research, and im confused on y u put quotation marks around benefiting like their are not???...

https://www.etonline.com/rihan…otings-and-asian-american

• lol i see.

and like i said that wasnt the only reason BTS have said and done a lot of things that offended the black community.

• they don't have to, they're not American, they're idols, the list goes on

𝕮𝖆𝖓'𝖙 𝖌𝖊𝖙 𝖞𝖔𝖚 𝖔𝖚𝖙𝖙𝖆 𝖒𝖞 𝖍𝖊𝖆𝖉

𝕮𝖆𝖓'𝖙 𝖌𝖊𝖙 𝖞𝖔𝖚 𝖔𝖚𝖙𝖙𝖆 𝖒𝖞 𝖍𝖊𝖆𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖒𝖞 𝖒𝖎𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖒𝖞 𝖇𝖔𝖉𝖞 𝖎𝖓 𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖗𝖞 𝖜𝖆𝖞

tumblr_pjo4aiSdJ51vmrtoro1_640.gifv

• we wanted them to speak out about it because its the least they can do, they have said and done may racist things to the black community, and BTS and kpop in general benefit off of black ppl and culture. Your ignorant in inexcusable and sad.

I understand your concern. People should give credit where it's due, but I'm not sure what your point is. They've always made sure to give credit as to what their influences are.

They may have done and said some culturally insensitive things, but the key thing to remember here is intention. They were always about giving credit to black people and black culture. They worked with black artists and producers in the hip-hop industry. They aren't out there claiming they're the pioneers and founding fathers of hip hop. They're learning from the greats (sometimes directly) and putting it into their own art. Isn't that what racial integration is all about?

It's all about perspective. You could choose to see the ways in which they've bridged cultures as a group or you can choose to overgeneralize the industry as a whole and call everyone racist.

• I understand your concern. People should give credit where it's due, but I'm not sure what your point is. They've always made sure to give credit as to what their influences are.

They may have done and said some culturally insensitive things, but the key thing to remember here is intention. They were always about giving credit to black people and black culture. They worked with black artists and producers in the hip-hop industry. They aren't out there claiming they're the pioneers and founding fathers of hip hop. They're learning from the greats (sometimes directly) and putting it into their own art. Isn't that what racial integration is all about?

It's all about perspective. You could choose to see the ways in which they've bridged cultures as a group or you can choose to overgeneralize the industry as a whole and call everyone racist.

I never called anyone racist, and the intention does not matter they said racial slurs and culture appropriated multiple times. I'm not necessarily talking about credit this came up because I was responding to someone who said that they should speak up about BLM, and they said that it was stupid that ppl were getting mad at it because they are Asian. I responded with they should because they have done many things to offend the black community and they benefit from black culture.

• I never called anyone racist, and the intention does not matter they said racial slurs and culture appropriated multiple times. I'm not necessarily talking about credit this came up because I was responding to someone who said that they should speak up about BLM, and they said that it was stupid that ppl were getting mad at it because they are Asian. I responded with they should because they have done many things to offend the black community and they benefit from black culture.

What racial slurs did they use multiple times?

• im not "lashing out" on anyone i replied to someone

And that someone is a BTS anti who constantly puts them down and has even mocked them for their accent despite being Asian himself. BTS have done what you might’ve wanted from them, to learn from their mistakes, to speak up about racism (including BLM) and hate, to show appreciation and credit black innovators whom they’ve benefitted from.

It feels disingenuous to then use this as an opportunity to rehash the members’ past wrongs to someone who doesn’t even like them and is just using them to shield his own internalized racism, especially in a thread that’s not even about BTS but about BP whom are being defended all throughout this thread for not speaking up about these issues. But you don’t have much to say about the actual idols in question...

• What racial slurs did they use multiple times?

What racial slurs did they use multiple times?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• And that someone is a BTS anti who constantly puts them down and has even mocked them for their accent despite being Asian himself. BTS have done what you might’ve wanted from them, to learn from their mistakes, to speak up about racism (including BLM) and hate, to show appreciation and credit black innovators whom they’ve benefitted from.

It feels disingenuous to then use this as an opportunity to rehash the members’ past wrongs to someone who doesn’t even like them and is just using them to shield his own internalized racism, especially in a thread that’s not even about BTS but about BP whom are being defended all throughout this thread for not speaking up about these issues. But you don’t have much to say about the actual idols in question...

first of all i didnt even know who liked who, second i didn't use this as a "opportunity" i say a comment saying the BTS should speak up about BLM, and thats who i responded to with what i had to say, soooooo ur mad why???

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

What? I thought this was a bp thread?

You were not referring to BP?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!