Did AR3NA set the bar on how a Kpop influenced group in SEA should look like??

• Everything looks so well made. Better than all the SEA groups I've seen popping up in recent years. So is this the standard future groups should try to achieve?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Go to Best Answer
  • Uni909

Changed the title of the thread from “Did AR3NA set the bar on what a Kpop influenced group in SEA should be?” to “Did AR3NA set the bar on how a Kpop influenced group in SEA should look like??”.
  • JE T’AIME the leader was a Baby Monster trainee for two years until last year.

MINSEO the Korean member was a trainee in the beginning stages of training and was picked up as well for the group last year.

It explains why they are at level above many of SEA idol groups. The production is top notch as well!

• Best Answer

It explains why they are at level above many of SEA idol groups. The production is top notch as well!

I am all for other companies snatching trainees from dungeons of big companies in Korea instead of them sitting for close to a decade and then going to work part time jobs and struggling because they never finished school due to training non stop. I love these artists getting new opportunities in other countries and genres

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

Utada-Hikaru-Blue-Stay-Magical-Sig.png

• I mean two of the girlies were foreign YG trainees and the third is Korean, I feel they are going to revitalize T-Pop a lot and I am excited for it.

I knew that JeTaime was former YG but Prim also?

Everything looks so well made. Better than all the SEA groups I've seen popping up in recent years. So is this the standard future groups should try to achieve?

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Yes! They fit the bill on the visuals. And their company 411 Ent set a new bar on production.

I think this group has all we hoped for in a K-Style group -- good visuals, good production values and a Korean member to garner interest.

Maybe it'll jumpstart a VPOP GG to reach the same. Best of luck to them!

Why do I watch survival shows? This!

• Yeah that's what I hope for too. But there has to be a genuine interest and finance to make such a group in Vpop. Closest that came were Lime, and they are far below Ar3na in terms of skills. Maybe the SB Ent. group that I linked to you in another thread can be a improvement from the LIME-LipB fiasco.

69408eb16f7410df4f22e8cbc0f20383.gif

Edited once, last by Uni909 ().

• Oh really? So cool! :)

Only Je T'aime was a trainee of a K-pop agency.

I am all for other companies snatching trainees from dungeons of big companies in Korea instead of them sitting for close to a decade and then going to work part time jobs and struggling because they never finished school due to training non stop. I love these artists getting new opportunities in other countries and genres

The chairman said he wanted to recruit Thai trainees let go by K-pop agencies but, nothing about trainees of other nationalities.

It is close to impossible to recruit a good Korean long time trainee unless Thai music industry can make itself relevant in Korea. 411 could recruit Minseo only because she was so young and just tried whatever agency, did not mean to debut under 411.

Prim wasn't. The chairman was an acquaintance of Prim's parent.

The MV was done by Rigend Film, making MV for various famous K-pop idols, Chungha's "Snapping", Seventeen's "Hit", IZ*One's "Fiesta", (G)I-DLE's "Oh My God", Treasure's "I Love You" etc.

411 is not and should not be the bar. Its business direction is not profitable and other labels without billionaire chairman can't live up to its level. This group is K-pop cost in T-pop market. The chairman has invested over 100m bahts into his music business, including setting up training and recruiting quarter in Korea. (411 has debuted 2 artists so far, soloist Ally and this group.)

Neither this model will help develop T-pop from its ground up. Imagine Football Association of Thailand form a national roster with boys growing up in Europe. This will cripple local football academies. For sustainable growth, it must help incubating local back end artistic talents, music composition, choreography, music video production, costume styling etc., not simply lend Korean hands doing all these works. And, how will T-pop develop its own signature without the Thai in artistic processes?

AR3NA's costly "Come Get It Now" music video was released on March 25, 2021 and has garnered 1,818,xxx views on Youtube. This cheap 4EVE's "Test Me" performance video was released on April 12, 2021 and has garnered 3,114,xxx views, also ranked 12th on Spotify Thailand chart. ("Come Get It Now" and 4EVE's title track, "Like a Bling" not charted.)

• Yeah that's what I hope for too. But there has to be a genuine interest and finance to make such a group in Vpop. Closest that came were Lime, and they are far below Ar3na in terms of skills. Maybe the SB Ent. group that I linked to you in another thread can be a improvement from the LIME-LipB fiasco.

Yes, I saw a few of SB's trainees zone shows but those really didn't inspire a lot of confidence. They were set entirely in an office and a small dance room (not even a proper studio.) The trainees were cute I thought but unfortunately, it's almost as if no one even noticed -- the videos on SB's YT have non-existent views.

Maybe I'll take another look.

Sometimes it helps when the owner is wealthy like Ar3na. You need resources to get off the ground.

Why do I watch survival shows? This!

• Yes, I saw a few of SB's trainees zone shows but those really didn't inspire a lot of confidence. They were set entirely in an office and a small dance room (not even a proper studio.) The trainees were cute I thought but unfortunately, it's almost as if no one even noticed -- the videos on SB's YT have non-existent views.

Maybe I'll take another look.

Sometimes it helps when the owner is wealthy like Ar3na. You need resources to get off the ground.

Yeah I know, the views are embarrassing low. It's funny, SB Ent. has Jang Mi who has a established fanbase. Why won't they let her give a shoutout on sns about the trainees to get them some attention?

If there is something positive about this trainee project, is we will see how everything will unfold from the start. Unlike what's been done with other Vpop groups, where they just got some pretty faces and debut them after some months without any proper predebut stuff.

• I dunno, as a Thai, I was a bit disappointed. I expected something more I guess. This just felt like a C-level K-Pop group (e.g. CLC level) that just happened to have Thai members & Thai lyrics.

This wouldn't push the T-Pop industry forward.

The one thing that I think would jumpstart T-Pop like K-Pop might be a Produce style show where all the Thai idols come back as mentors (e.g. Lisa & Ten as dance mentors, Minnie & Sorn as vocal mentors, Bambam & Nickhun as Rap mentors, etc.) - that'll definitely get some international interest compared to lukewarm shows like 4EVE.

Edit: Also, given the international interest in Thai BL/actors - if GMMTV is one of the agencies and send their medium to top artists as survival trainees, that's gonna be huge. I could see Produce 101 Thailand being really interesting if they went in that direction.

• I dunno, as a Thai, I was a bit disappointed. I expected something more I guess. This just felt like a C-level K-Pop group (e.g. CLC level) that just happened to have Thai members & Thai lyrics.

This wouldn't push the T-Pop industry forward.

The one thing that I think would jumpstart T-Pop like K-Pop might be a Produce style show where all the Thai idols come back as mentors (e.g. Lisa & Ten as dance mentors, Minnie & Sorn as vocal mentors, Bambam & Nickhun as Rap mentors, etc.) - that'll definitely get some international interest compared to lukewarm shows like 4EVE.

Edit: Also, given the international interest in Thai BL/actors - if GMMTV is one of the agencies and send their medium to top artists as survival trainees, that's gonna be huge. I could see Produce 101 Thailand being really interesting if they went in that direction.

C-level? CLC is from Cube and its MVs are on Cube's standard. I've watched some reaction videos and most reactors noted AR3NA's high cost MV production.

Rather than star mentors, I want mentors who can fully commit to the show. If the show has good mentors, the rating will pick up for the quality of the content. Do you remember "The Brothers"? The fame of Nichkhun and Mario could not save the awful content. Rarely anyone watched 4EVE Star not because the mentor was not popular enough but because the show format itself was trash.

I guess you forgot SBFive when you mentioned BL.

• I think the girls are very pretty but i just wish they had a dark skin member

Prim is pretty standard Thai skin-tone. She would be considered dark skin anywhere in East Asia, and darker skin than most K-Pop style idols from SEA (e.g. K-Pop wannabe idol groups from Thailand, Vietnam, Philippines, Indonesia, etc.) She's definitely darker than Hyolyn, who is considered one of tannest K-Pop idols.

• C-level? CLC is from Cube and its MVs are on Cube's standard. I've watched some reaction videos and most reactors noted AR3NA's high cost MV production.

Rather than star mentors, I want mentors who can fully commit to the show. If the show has good mentors, the rating will pick up for the quality of the content. Do you remember "The Brothers"? The fame of Nichkhun and Mario could not save the awful content. Rarely anyone watched 4EVE Star not because the mentor was not popular enough but because the show format itself was trash.

I guess you forgot SBFive when you mentioned BL.

Although he was legendary - let's face it, Nichkhun is kind of a has-been in Thailand. He doesn't have the same kind of passionate fanbase as Bambam, Lisa or even Ten. Mario's fanbase are more general public rather than people who'd be supporting a pop group. I agree though, The Brothers show was just terrible in general. Same with 4Eve. But if all the Thai idols in K-Pop come together, that will definitely draw some attention.

As for SBFive, yeah I got it, and Tempt, as well as other floppy BL attempted boy groups. But that's mainly because fans of Produce series aren't really fans of the groups outside of the Produce world, otherwise post-Produce groups would be successful. They're more fans of the show & the format. If the same idols they love debuted with some nugu company, they probably won't have the same reaction. But if the actors from GMMTV come join Produce 101 Thailand - you can bet that will garner significant international attention.

• Although he was legendary - let's face it, Nichkhun is kind of a has-been in Thailand. He doesn't have the same kind of passionate fanbase as Bambam, Lisa or even Ten. Mario's fanbase are more general public rather than people who'd be supporting a pop group. I agree though, The Brothers show was just terrible in general. Same with 4Eve. But if all the Thai idols in K-Pop come together, that will definitely draw some attention.

As for SBFive, yeah I got it, and Tempt, as well as other floppy BL attempted boy groups. But that's mainly because fans of Produce series aren't really fans of the groups outside of the Produce world, otherwise post-Produce groups would be successful. They're more fans of the show & the format. If the same idols they love debuted with some nugu company, they probably won't have the same reaction. But if the actors from GMMTV come join Produce 101 Thailand - you can bet that will garner significant international attention.

You contradicting yourself. Mario and Nichkhun had enough star power to draw attention to the show. They just were not strong enough to glue viewers to the show. Not like Lisa had any bigger popularity to the Chinese than Mario to the Thai. The Brothers also was guested by some top stars like Mew, Kimberly and even Bella.

I guess you are a BL fan? I don't think any of BL actor but Bright gets much interest outside of BL fan circle, which is a very niche market despite devoting. (Neither I want to support anything relates to a scumbag like Bright.) You also don't understand why no BL group attempts can take off.

- BL actors lack singing and dancing basic.

- They also lack commitment to music career since their first job is actor thus, the training and the prolificacy of the group are undermined.

- They also focus more on individual activities than group ones. This is yet another obstacle to the prolificacy and longevity of the group.

If Thailand ever gets a version of Produce, it should get popular because

1. It is packed with good-looking skilled industrious trainees

2. The performance is well-designed and well-executed.

3. The trainer are very talented, sophisticated and devoting.

4. The production value is decent.

These qualities will show the potential of Thai music industry. Our music industry itself has strong foundation and can be anticipated.

• He is stuck up and transphobic. Why on earth popularity correlates with human decency?

The only thing i heard was about him bullying kids at his school and the band fiasco he caused, so if there was anything worse than that, i'd be surprised cause i think the Thai people would have canceled him by now and make him unpopular.

the transphobia is news to me but i wouldn't be surprised if his international fans covered it up, call it "lies", and then mass reported anyone who dares bring it up on twitter. They supposedly don't like lgbt discrimination yet will support people like this for their looks.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!