why people have more expectations for GG than BG

• I noticed a lot this double standard

if a Girlgroup chart well but have terrible sales , it's a flop

if a GG doesn't chart well but have good sales, they're a flop

just look at Twice for example their last comebacks didn't do as well than before even if their sales are improving and everybody said they flopped

Momoland Boom boom did better in chart than a lot of bg songs but since their sales are not great, people are calling them flops

People expect Girlgroup to do well in digital and sales

meanwhile can chart badly and have good sales, they'll be considered as a success

at the moment they have good sales

and that just reflect the misogynist society

where people put more expectations on girls than they do with boys

a girl can have the same result than a boy, and she'll be consider as not good enough or a failure meanwhile, the man will be consider as very good

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from Chill Kill #aespa from Chill Kill

• GG chart well: Obviously, GP loves GG songs more

GG chart badly: lol GP are losing the interest of GGs nowadays they don't care about idol music

GG sell well: I mean every group is selling better, of course GGs are selling well across the industry

GG sell badly: GGs never had good physicals compared to BGs and those who sell even less are just tragic

BG chart well: OMG THEY CHARTED LIKE #150 THIS IS A MIRACLE BGs DON'T CHART WELL BUT THEY DID IT I'M SO PROUD

BG chart badly: Over the years BGs have always been charting worse than GGs it's a known fact the only exception is BTS wbk

BG sell well: MY KINGS YES TAKE MY MONEY 400K? 500k? BITCH LOW NUMBERS TO THE MILLION I SAY

BG sell badly: I guess people just aren't interested in idol groups anymore sadddddddd

• i completely agree. and the most baffling thing is that there is a higher percentage of female kpop stans and then the way some of them put other females down to validate their ‘oppars’ bare minimum achievements is horrible

• I can't say about bg's as I rarely discussed about them but yeah, when it comes to gg's there's always some people to use any convenient metric to downplay a group's achievements. Like, "oh they're not charting so well, they're not so well known from the gp, they'll never be a nation's gg like SNSD". Who cares? As long as a group is successful enough to keep going, then everything's fine. A group doesn't have to be #1 to be relevant.

• Taking Momoland as an exemple to prove your point does not really make sense. I doubt anybody called Momoland a flop in 2018 when Boom Boom was a huge hit. They are called flop nowadays because their two last singles did not chart at all and it is clear the group was not able to gain a sustainable fanbase.

I think pretty much everybody agrees that Oh my Girl had a very successful year in 2020 and yet Non stop album only sold 52 000 (which is still good for them because it is their best selling album) .

For Twice, I believe it is more due to the fact they used to dominate everybody in terms of charting so the difference is very noticeable. And they are a top group with a lot of antis too so that plays a role. BTS On was called a flop too by some people because top groups like Twice or BTS are not judged by the same standards as others.

• Even the biggest groups that are strong in all areas are called flops.

You only have to do less well than last time in a single area for someone of a rival fandom to come after you.

It's petty af.

BG are regularly dragged for not charting well and their physical sales are invalidated. As we all know, they are considered merch sales by obsessed (mostly female) fans that don't care about the music.

GP approval is the most "unbiased" so the only winner here is IU since she performs amazingly on the charts every time. Or groups with generally low sales that have viral songs, for that year.

• Official Post

I've seen every group in the top 30 album sales from last year called flops who can't sell albums including BTS and Blackpink. That word holds no meaning.

I also see way more bg called flops than gg. 99% of the drags against the 4th gen are directed squarely at the bg for all being huge flops who are unsuccessful in Korea and unpopular internationally and all their music flops.

• Another thing to note is that the competition currently more fierce within girl groups

It's a bit harder to compare top BG charting now

Everyone is expecting newer BG to "flop" on Korean charts since we have seen for some time that they don't appear on there often or for too long

There is a greater emphasis on physical sales

For newer GG (aespa, g-idle, itzy), the situation is a little less predictable

• i completely agree. and the most baffling thing is that there is a higher percentage of female kpop stans and then the way some of them put other females down to validate their ‘oppars’ bare minimum achievements is horrible

Or like in the case of Twice it's just other gg stans male or female being gleeful over their decline :-)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!