whats your ideal first date location

• A zoo.

1. Lots of things to do

2. Can get some pretty good food whenever you feel like it

3. Outdoors and active but not overly active

4. Lots of walking here and there where you can talk

5. Lots of other things to see and focus on if you don't feel like talking

6. Can be as long or as short of a visit as you want it to be, depending on how things are going (for better or worse)

I left my heart in LA again. Please continue taking good care of it.

• I’ve been on a proper date before, but if that were to happen I’d probably want to go the movies or somewhere we can just kinda chill yk?

So like eat at a restaurant or even just take a stroll <3

• I actually tend to prefer to establish a rapport or familiarity prior to going on first dates.

I've had better luck that way in terms of connection than doing the cold dating/dating people you haven't established some level of familiarity with.

I know you didn't explicitly frame it that way but it lead into my answer.

So I'll often know them from classes, or work engagements or parties etc.

I swear to God the best place I've met and developed a familiarity with potential dates was the library at college. You study with them, chat. Get a level of familiarity. Maybe know a bit about them so you know some of their interests and if they have something in common in terms of thing to do, etc.

From that my ideal first date would be something hopefully we have in common or could potentially do together.

Maybe go to a coffee shop. Or a movie. Or cooking something simple together over a movie perhaps. Or maybe going to see an exhibit or a more casual sport like frisbee golf if she's into that sort of thing.

I like to have an activity we can bond over and generally prefer more low-key scenarios.

• Idk...probably a cafe?

I don't want to go to a fancy restaurant, those could be expensive and I'm scared to see how someone eats, not an amusement park because I'd like to do that after I get to know them better, not a movie date because I know those could move fast lmao

why cafe really
    ?

atleast restaurants give good food for good price

cafe gives shit for slightly lesser price

• Just for coffee and small talk...maybe it's just me... :nervousk:

is the point having coffee specifically or a place to talk?

cause unless people are huge fans of coffee itself, there's so many better places to engage in conversation with more interesting surroundings than a coffee shop

• is the point having coffee specifically or a place to talk?

cause unless people are huge fans of coffee itself, there's so many better places to engage in conversation with more interesting surroundings than a coffee shop

Depends on the coffee shop.

The coffee shops I've done small dates in were interesting local places with a distinct vibe and setting. Often with art on display and interesting music. Some had small performances by local musicians.

Depending on the type of coffee shop it can be a really intimate yet not secluded sort of setting where you can talk in low-key setting over drinks or coffee. And feels less pronounced than a full scale dinner date.

Not a Starbucks.

And yea I love coffee haha.

This applies to bubble tea shops too. I've gone on small outings like that to get tea and the like and chat.

Edited once, last by emanresu ().

• Idk I just like to be hangin out wit my friends

I think Macau would be nice

But ion wanna go anywhere outside America rn

“Welcome to good burger, home of the good burger, can I take your order?”

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!