College (Or applying to it rather)

• College has always been a prestige factor, especially among immigrant families. I'm going to be applying for college but it terrifies me, because I know I won't live up to expectations. I have two majors that I like, but I really wanted to be a lawyer, I don't think I can afford it :(. Today's Ivy Day. Admissions has been crazy this year because of test-optional. Is anyone else nervous about applying? Can anyone who's been through the process give me some advice?

• Wow this seriously helped! I'm grateful to have the opportunity to even go to college but I'm terrified. I feel like I've never truly succeeded at what I liked. I figure skated but gained weight which caused an injury. I was not a gymnast despite my best tries. I study but I'm not the most stellar student at my school, I did dance but I had to quit for timing reasons. My parents really want me to go to a good college, and I really want it too. I've made lists and everything but I can't help feeling worthless, because my top school is going to be like 4% RD for my major. (Not an ivy just crazy test-optional admissions) I just want to make my family proud.

• Did you write your essay + do enough service hours, clubs, sports, etc?

I'm not applying yet, but I've picked out a prompt and brainstormed several essay ideas. I think I did enough service hours. The thing that bugs me is that I had a sport but quit in 8th grade because bad environment/couldn't lose weight. I have enough service hours. I did clubs, ran one at my school, but my extracurriculars are lacking for my competitive major, and I have few awards. I have time to fix that though, so I'll work on that.

• I think what's more important is the major, choose something you are really interested and you won't give up bc in my case i wasn't accepted to what i wanted to study so i'm annoyed everyday when i see my subjects lol and i eventually messed up

Yeah, slight dilemma rn. I wanted to be a STEM+ Humanities double major and go to Law School but our financial situation probably won't allow that. So, I'll have to do a STEM major (which I like but am not as amazing as others are because I learned later) which is very competitive in admissions.

• Agree that it's important to like what you're studying. I mean, of course there will be 'white' and 'black' situations, but It's much more intresting and easier to learn when you are truly interested and involved in your subject.

• I myself studied to be a lawyer and was very nervous before exams. Don't worry, everyone goes through it. Just like, perhaps, everybody has to ask for help sometimes. For example, I turned to the guys of this resource to write an essay. They did everything efficiently and quickly. Good luck to all!

• College dorm party has always been a memorable fun party. As a college student, you like to party and you wish to organize a party and you don’t know how to go about it. Here, I will show you how you can organise a College Dorm Party. We have a double romantic date to learn how to organise one. Kindly go through this article to the end and you’ll be glad you did.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!